Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

BMW CCA - Autocross at Street of Willows

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Attention Drivers -

The BMW CCA LA Chapter has hours of driving fun this summer. We know everybody is cutting back and tightening their belts so the Chapter has gone to great lengths to offer three great driving adventures at very reasonable prices. Whether you have never done anything like this before, or whether you are a track junkie, BMW CCA LA is offering something for everybody.

AUGUST 16, 2009

Please join us at the Streets of Willow for an AUTO-X. This is the first time we have done an auto-x at SOW in a very long time and we are anxious to see how it works. This is NOT A HPDE or TIME TRIAL. The event will be run in a traditional auto-x format. The entry fee is $100 if you register before August 15th, $110 the day of the event. Your registration fee includes the course, instruction, lunch and water (courtesy of South Bay BMW ? THANKS!!). Novices are strongly encouraged to attend this event as it is a great way to get your feet wet driving on a track without the passing or high speeds associated with HPDE?s (Driving Schools). The emphasis of this day will be on safety and improving your driving skills so please come out and play. Note the event is limited to 50 participants. Cancellation rules apply so please read the event description carefully on the registration web site. There are ONLY 5 SPOTS LEFT so register now.

SEPTEMBER 5 & 6, 2009

On Saturday, September 5, we are offering the second ever BMW CCA LA Rally ALOFT. This fun TSD Rally will begin at South Bay BMW and end at the Aloft Hotel in Rancho Cucamonga. This hotel is only a few miles from Auto Club Speedway, the site of the Auto-x on September 6.. If you live far away and want to attend the auto-x, the TSD Rally is a great excuse to spend the night. Cost for the Rally is FREE is you register for the auto-x, or $10 to just run the Rally. Rooms at the Aloft are a very reasonable $75. Just call the hotel directly (909) 484-2018 and ask for the BMW CCA Group Block. And let Randy Harris know you will be at the rally ( randall_harris@roadrunner.com ) so we have enough car numbers and instruction packets.

The following day, September 6, join us at Auto Club Speedway for the third (and possibly final) Hooters/BMW CCA LA auto-x of the 2009 season. For those who have never done an auto-x, it is a great way to learn the limits of your BMW and your own driving skills. This event is $75 if you pre-register, $85 the day of the event. Lunch, catered and served by Hooters of Ontario Mills, is included. Extra lunches are $10 and helmet rentals are also $10. If you run both Streets of Willow and Auto Club Speedway, we will give you a $10 discount on this event. Instructors will be available all day so novices are encouraged!

To register please go to https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calendar_main.php

For any questions please contact randall_harris@roadrunner.com

On behalf of the BMW CCA LA Auto-x Committee, we look forward to seeing you all there!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

This sounds fun! Anybody down for this?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Thats great. I wish I was in LA.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 AM