Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

///Bimmerstock 2010 - Sunday, September 12, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Where are the pics? How was it?
"meh"

I mean the exotics were nice and all, but to be honest something called "bimmerstock" really didnt seem to be all about bmw's to me.. We (majority) of the bimmers were in a lot, that when we pulled in, it seemed cool, but then as you walk around you realize the action and music and food, etc, sponsers are all only in the exotic section(down the street!) lol... It seemed like all the bimmers were in the back lot, that noone really went to unless you needed to grab your umbrella or something. Idk, it is my opinion, but I personally thought it would be different. It sounded better then it was. First time for everything though right... and to top it off some members of this forum got to the lot later, and they ended being put in the 3 level parking garage along with spectators, my sister parked her acura truck in there too.. so for those of us who spent countless hours cleaning, washing, claying and waxing our cars.. your work was useless..lol..

i enjoyed seeing e60 friends, meeting new ones and my sister, nephew and kerrys m3 cause i cant wait for mine too.lol.. best part was the kids and kerrys son saying "bye mel!" that was adorable..

aside from that i was exhausted, tired, my eyes were swollen from being out the 3 previous nights, drinking at block parties and not slowing down.. and i wished i would have slept all day... so that about sums it up.. anyone else want to comment? lol..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

when i saw the weather, i decided not to go. I live like 5 mins away from there. I kept my beauty in the garage, was nasty weather. IMO
Old 09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'll post pics as soon as I get home later.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by melimel
"meh"

I mean the exotics were nice and all, but to be honest something called "bimmerstock" really didnt seem to be all about bmw's to me.. We (majority) of the bimmers were in a lot, that when we pulled in, it seemed cool, but then as you walk around you realize the action and music and food, etc, sponsers are all only in the exotic section(down the street!) lol... It seemed like all the bimmers were in the back lot, that noone really went to unless you needed to grab your umbrella or something. Idk, it is my opinion, but I personally thought it would be different. It sounded better then it was. First time for everything though right... and to top it off some members of this forum got to the lot later, and they ended being put in the 3 level parking garage along with spectators, my sister parked her acura truck in there too.. so for those of us who spent countless hours cleaning, washing, claying and waxing our cars.. your work was useless..lol..

i enjoyed seeing e60 friends, meeting new ones and my sister, nephew and kerrys m3 cause i cant wait for mine too.lol.. best part was the kids and kerrys son saying "bye mel!" that was adorable..

aside from that i was exhausted, tired, my eyes were swollen from being out the 3 previous nights, drinking at block parties and not slowing down.. and i wished i would have slept all day... so that about sums it up.. anyone else want to comment? lol..

I agree with your assessment of the event. Meh summed it up nicely lol. Its tough to set something up in a small town with so many attending. Either way I enjoyed seeing some very unique rides and hangin out til I left to go watch the giants game.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Damn that sucks the BMW section was in a "back lot." I thought all the cars would be lined up on the street along with the exotics. Damn if I went, I'd be in the level 3 parking lot too. I wouldn't be rolling in at 8am for a show.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Contributors

I think Mel nailed it .. It seemed like it was more catered to the exotics than bimmers considering it was called bimmerstock.

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Damn that sucks the BMW section was in a "back lot." I thought all the cars would be lined up on the street along with the exotics. Damn if I went, I'd be in the level 3 parking lot too. I wouldn't be rolling in at 8am for a show.
I got there @ 10:15 and I had to park in the garage although it wasn't bad since my car stayed dry.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

I got there @ 10:15 and I had to park in the garage although it wasn't bad since my car stayed dry.
[/quote]
So You guys waxed, clayed and made your cars shine to park in a car garage. Bad Idea... Gotta suck, after all it was Calton who bragged the most about this meet.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Mel is right. Don't get me wrong it was nice to see some exotics, but it was kind of lame. I'm glad I went down there the day before to visit friends. I would have been pissed if "bimmer stock" was the only reason why I went.

It was good to see some of you again though .
Old 09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by providenceleaf
Mel is right. Don't get me wrong it was nice to see some exotics, but it was kind of lame. I'm glad I went down there the day before to visit friends. I would have been pissed if "bimmer stock" was the only reason why I went.

It was good to see some of you again though .
yea the caravan down was a good time ;-) nice to meet you and your friend! car looks great in person!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by skunkd
yea the caravan down was a good time ;-) nice to meet you and your friend! car looks great in person!

Thanks. The caravan was great. Nice to meet you too. Your exhaust sounds awesome.

Quick Reply: ///Bimmerstock 2010 - Sunday, September 12, 2010