Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Bay Area, CA ///ECFest - Sat Apr 16th

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Dude,

Every time I wanted to introduce myself either you or I kept getting pulled away. LOL. Guess I'll just have to run into you at Sonics one of these days. LOL

I'm using a Canon 7D with a 24-70L series lens.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing trying to introduce myself. But yeah, next time! I was admiring your matte paint job at Sonic and again on Saturday. I thought it was a wrap until I looked closer. Very nice!

Sweet camera! I should probably upgrade but keep waiting for the next camera. First was waiting for the 50d, then 60d, now the 5d mark 3. Probably wait forever and stick with my 500d/t1i.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Great pictures guys.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I really had a great time admiring everyones cars. I had the intention of taking a gazillion photos, but I just got caught up in the moment. I put my girlfriend in charge of my camera and about half of the photos were pretty nasty. I apologize for not taking the time to introduce myself to everyone, but I'm still happy to have shared the day with you all. Thanks a million Tony for your efforts in putting this together. And if anyone hasn't put those who said they'd come and didn't on blast yet let me be the first to do it. From my understanding Tony fronted the money for the list WE put ourselves on. By not showing up or not following up with him he had to bite the bullet for roughly $600.00.

With that said. I hope all you SoCal folks made it back safely.

JR
Thanks JR. A bunch of the folks that were there actually chipped in a lot extra to cover the difference so I owe a big thanks to all of them. I wanted to eat part of the delta cause I'm also to blame for the poor planning and judgement but people chipped in anyway. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THAT HELPED OUT. Lesson learned on my part and will do things different next time around.

And thanks for all the pics guys. Keep posting them!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Thanks JR. A bunch of the folks that were there actually chipped in a lot extra to cover the difference so I owe a big thanks to all of them. I wanted to eat part of the delta cause I'm also to blame for the poor planning and judgement but people chipped in anyway. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THAT HELPED OUT. Lesson learned on my part and will do things different next time around.

Sorry had to hear that others had to pitch in for members that signed up and didn't show up Tony. It was a great turnout and it seems like everyone was very cool and laid back, I had a good time and it was great to finally meet you.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan

Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Oops...

It was great meeting you too Jack. As well as the many others from here and the other forums.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My car looks Sad sitting next to all these great looking cars . Thanks for the photo's JR.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

it was nice meeting everyone Friday at Boiling Crab and Santana Row. Unfortunately had to work Sat. morning so I couldn't make it out to the meet, bummer!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by ck-e60
it was nice meeting everyone Friday at Boiling Crab and Santana Row. Unfortunately had to work Sat. morning so I couldn't make it out to the meet, bummer!
Too bad we didn't get around to code your car. The crew dispersed so quickly after dinner, hahaha.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor

Another successful ECFEST. Great meeting everyone, hope to do it again soon

Quick Reply: Bay Area, CA ///ECFest - Sat Apr 16th