Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was nice meeting everyone yesterday and finally meet the duo Joe (trinity) and Joe (vegastrashed) from socal. Thank you Tony (ECF) and Tony(Cooltones) for organizing the meet for us and the very nice souvenirs. Very well organize.

D
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

+1 Thanks to both Tony (EuroCarFan) and Tony(Cooltones)... It was my first meet and I had a great time hangin' with old friends and making new ones... can't wait for the next one!!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Members

hey sorry i woke up really late and missed a great meet. again, damn. next time fo sho Tony.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Nice turn out guys, let's do another one soon so I can make it out
Old 09-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

MORE PICS!!

Wish I was there..

I'm gonna have to plan a big meet for those of us down here.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Members

My Ride: MB 2007 E63 Flint Grey with Performance Package

OK, more pictures. I did not take many.
Attached Thumbnails 5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-.jpg   5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-b.jpg   5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-c.jpg   5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-d.jpg  
Old 09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

GREAT MEET!

NorCal meet > SoCal meet

When's the next Central Cali meet ECF?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Guys, thanks for posting the pics and keep them coming.

Here are some of my thoughts and acknowledgement:

I thought we had an awesome turn out. Even though some cancellled out at the last minute, other cars showed up from word of mouth so we ended up with 65 cars!!!

Once everyone arrived we passed out our souvenir gifts to all the attendees. Member CoolTones (the "other" Tony), hooked everyone up with a nylon/canvas duffle/storage bag that can be used to store detailing equipment or light tools. The bags had the E60.net logo on the side. Every car got one! See pics below.

We then had our raffle prizes to give away the following:

1) 2 - 1 month membership to Planet Beach Tanning and Spa Salon (compliments of my neighbor who owns three locations in SJ. He was supposed to come with his Z06 but had a golf tournament). Congrats to baysav408 (you really needed this Shain; you're look a little pale to me. LOL) and phattbam (Andrew).

2) 2 certificates for free 4 wheel alignment from SonicMS.net in Mountain View. I only remember one of my friends winning one of these certicates and not sure who the other winner was.

3) 1 certificate for free suspension install from SonicMS. I don't remember who won this either. Old age I guess...

4) last but not least, 1 AFE intake for the ///M5 donated by Trinity Autosport. Coincidentally, an M5 owner won that drawing. Congrats to KevinM5!

We then headed out on the 40+ mile drive with the first section full of twisted and uphill turns on Moody Rd and Page Mill Rd followed by some nice long sweepers along Skyline Blvd. The scenery was awesome but it was also a bit nerve racking with thhe many bicyclists on the same road. I think everyone was mindful of the bikers but I'm sure some of the loud exhausts must have scared the sh#t out of some of them.

Unfortunately, we lost half the caravan cause I think some people followed cars that didn't go on the drive thinking they were on the right route. BTW, when we left Foothill College, we had to circle the whole campus and the caravan of cars was so long that as the lead car made a full circle to exit the campus, we can still see the tail end cars leaving the parking lot.

The drive ended at Stanford Shopping Center where we had a group lunch at PF Changs. Needless to say the caravan of cars entering the mall turned more than a few heads.

I thought the meet went very well with the only hiccup being that we lost some of the cars at the start of the drive. What made the meet awesome was the participation of all the folks that showed up early on a Sat morning.

Special thanks again to Tony Rogers (member CoolTones) who worked with Richard Yerman from PROforma to get us all the cool organizer bags for free and the sponsors Paul Decena of Planet Beach, Darwin Wongkar of SonicMS and Joe Yang of Trinity Autosport. Your gifts was a huge perk for the folks that came and just added to the fun factor of the event.

I'm still high from the rush of yesterday's event and have already thought about the next meet. Looks like we'll have it in Central Cali/San Luis Obispo to unite the NorCal and SoCal enthusiasts. It will be our 3rd meet in beautiful SLO!

5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-e60.net_organizer_bag_005.jpg
5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#-e60.net_organizer_bag_004.jpg
Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Next Central Cali Meet will be in November. It'll be billed as EuroCarFan vs keang24 "Who's got the fastest M5?"

Quick Reply: 5th Bay Area, CA Meet & Greet - Sat Sep 13th - Updated With Pics&#