Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

4th Central Cal Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Jul 18th

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

It's been 7 hours now since we arrived home. I'm still feeling the high of seeing all those BMWs in one place!
I actually had a couple more pix to post but realized that I had taken the photos from my driving vantage point, AND,.....My Heads Up Display was on and showed the speed we were cruising at while on our way to SLO!!!!

Guess I'll have to photoshop out the HUD before I post those!

Thanks EuroCarFan for setting up another great meet.
I think we need to quickly follow up with a Cajun Crabfest somewhere so we can start planning the next Meet & Greet!

I hear the Monterey Historics are coming up in August.
But then again, I wouldn't mind another drive down to SLO.

Cheers,
-CoolTones
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I'm gonna miss the Festorics again this year. Going to be in Cabo for a wedding that weekend.

C, do you know yet when you'll be in NorCal?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='947370' date='Jul 20 2009, 09:54 AM
I'm gonna miss the Festorics again this year. Going to be in Cabo for a wedding that weekend.

C, do you know yet when you'll be in NorCal?
First or second week of August.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Thank you Tony (ECF) for putting together another great meet and good times with good people.

Thank you Tony (Cooltones) for the awesome gift and all the incredible pics.

Teri and I had an awesome time with everyone! Your an awesome group of people.

So a quick story for those that were not there.

The caravan on the way back from Cambria to SLO was followed by a Sheriff down Highway 1 (we past him as he was perched on the side of the road and
I think I wore off about half of my brake pads along with the rest of the group)
He proceeded to pick me out of the group for some reason and pull up beside me (at a light with about ten cars to spare in front of him) and just stop there...
Look over at him as if to ask "Yeah, do you want me to pull over or what"...
Since he stopped with about ten cars to spare in his lane and just sat beside me, I did not think it would be smart to just ignore him as if I had blinders on...

Anyways, he motioned for me to roll down the window and I felt somewhat relieved that he wasn't pointing / gesturing to pull over...
Figured I'd just get an arse chewing for the group.

He simply asked if this was a car club and I told him that yes we were just leaving lunch in Cambria and heading to SLO for Dinner (to give the impression we were leaving his town).

His reply and the smile he finally cracked was a giant relief...

He simply cracked a smile and said: "Expensive car club ;o)" and he just split, thankfully...
Man, I thought I was toast.

All the cars were AWESOME!!! As Teri and I looked at them sitting idle in the hotel parking lot at the end of the day, we reflected on the cops comment and thought what an awesome sight that pack cars was cruising down HWY 1.

Cool Sheriff anyways THANK GOD!!! If Cooltones would have been with us he would have probably just asked the cop to pull over in order to give him an E60 leatherman in exchange for a picture, Hahaha...
Oh well Cooltones must have been at the top of a hill somewhere snapping a few pics at that particular moment.

Looking forward to the next meet and seeing everyone again...

///Cheers

-Glock
Old 07-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Love the new sig John.

Nice photoshop work there to get your soon-to-be new BMW sportsbike next to your beast.

We got lucky with that Sheriff cause I think the whole caravan was doing around 90mph when we saw him and everyone slammed on their brakes. I thought for sure at least one of us was going to get nailed.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Problem is, if the sheriff got an e60.net gift and logged in that night looking for SLO meet information. He might not be to happy reading the 90mph comments. Oh wait, you meant 90kph. And the 165 comment must have meant 165 miles to SLO.....
Old 07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

"If you're reading this officer, it's those crazy guys from SoCal"

4th Central Cal Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Jul 18th-chp_officer___me.jpg
Old 07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='948031' date='Jul 20 2009, 07:14 PM
Problem is, if the sheriff got an e60.net gift and logged in that night looking for SLO meet information. He might not be to happy reading the 90mph comments. Oh wait, you meant 90kph. And the 165 comment must have meant 165 miles to SLO.....
Lends new meaning to the song "I can't drive 55".
Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Nice two wheel ride on your sig, John!
Thanks for the Cambria-to-SLO story.
What's a BMW Meet & Greet without our CHP pals?!?

Happy to hear he was "just looking."

Just sent ECF an email -- Let's get together for lunch soon to plan the next Meet & Greet!

-Tony

Originally Posted by Glock-357' post='947939' date='Jul 20 2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you Tony (ECF) for putting together another great meet and good times with good people.

Thank you Tony (Cooltones) for the awesome gift and all the incredible pics.

Teri and I had an awesome time with everyone! Your an awesome group of people.

So a quick story for those that were not there.

The caravan on the way back from Cambria to SLO was followed by a Sheriff down Highway 1 (we past him as he was perched on the side of the road and
I think I wore off about half of my brake pads along with the rest of the group)
He proceeded to pick me out of the group for some reason and pull up beside me (at a light with about ten cars to spare in front of him) and just stop there...
Look over at him as if to ask "Yeah, do you want me to pull over or what"...
Since he stopped with about ten cars to spare in his lane and just sat beside me, I did not think it would be smart to just ignore him as if I had blinders on...

Anyways, he motioned for me to roll down the window and I felt somewhat relieved that he wasn't pointing / gesturing to pull over...
Figured I'd just get an arse chewing for the group.

He simply asked if this was a car club and I told him that yes we were just leaving lunch in Cambria and heading to SLO for Dinner (to give the impression we were leaving his town).

His reply and the smile he finally cracked was a giant relief...

He simply cracked a smile and said: "Expensive car club ;o)" and he just split, thankfully...
Man, I thought I was toast.

All the cars were AWESOME!!! As Teri and I looked at them sitting idle in the hotel parking lot at the end of the day, we reflected on the cops comment and thought what an awesome sight that pack cars was cruising down HWY 1.

Cool Sheriff anyways THANK GOD!!! If Cooltones would have been with us he would have probably just asked the cop to pull over in order to give him an E60 leatherman in exchange for a picture, Hahaha...
Oh well Cooltones must have been at the top of a hill somewhere snapping a few pics at that particular moment.

Looking forward to the next meet and seeing everyone again...

///Cheers

-Glock