Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

3rd Bay Area Meet - Aug 12th

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you all had a good time - sorry I missed it! Anyone take a pic of the pukers! Sorry to hear about that! More PICS???!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='322197' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:36 AM
Looks like you all had a good time - sorry I missed it! Anyone take a pic of the pukers! Sorry to hear about that! More PICS???!!!
yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't make it either....didn't want to do the drive with my SZL module on the fritz....I think my definition of a good drive would be one that makes at least the passengers hurl!! Sounds like fun.....you all got to have more pics??

Hey Wendell....I bet their danish wasn't as good as what you brought!!
Old 08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

That was another awesome meet!!! I don't think we had as much prep time for this one but we still had a good turn out.

I wish we could have had everyone together for the drive and wished more people showed up but either way, we still had a blast!! I should thank my friend Johny for riding shot gun and taking some of the pics on the drive. I almost got sick, not from the drive, but from looking at him bouncing around the front seat half way out the window taking pictures as we took all those twist and turns. He must have an iron stomach.

Freed0m, I was for sure your splitter was gone on some of the bumps. There was a brief part where I didn't see you so I really thought your lip was gone and you stopped somewhere to pick it up...haha (guess that wouldn't have been funny though).

jiio, thanks for making the trek buddy! I hope you had a blast as much as I did, besides for the getting sick part. But I think I made it up to you at Sino and later that night at Ruby Skye.

Thanks also to Darwin/CarLab for openning early on a Sat for us to meet at his shop.

I'm having problems posting pics to the forum so I emailed everything to jiio so hopefully, they'll get posted soon.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jiio' post='322022' date='Aug 12 2006, 09:50 PM
Hey,
What did you tell the guy in the M3? I thought for a moment he was going to join us?
I think he asked if we organize drives like these much and what board we're on. Told him e60.net. His car looked like it had some serious mods...BBS wheels, Brembo GT brakes, exhaust....etc... If we weren't about to drive off, I would have loved to check out his car. I had thought he was going to come with us also but guess not.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Contributors

I have a video of the twisty drive, but I couldn't add on as an attachment. If you can help, I'll try to post it.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 (Oct. prod.) 530i Titanium Silver / Black Leather - prem. pkg., step,nav,park dist,comf seats,xenon, push start, comf accs, rear fold seats...can't remember anymore... Mods: Radenergie R-10's 20x 9,20x 10 Mich PS2 tires 245/35fr 285/30rr, Eibach prokit springs, AC Schnitzer front lip, ACS side skirts, ACS exhaust, ACS silver carbon interior and Hamann rear trunk spoiler...to be cont.

who's car was that in the first pic ..the titanium silver w/ m5 mirrors? what wheels are those..? are there any more pics of that car? by the way ECF your car looks awesome.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Members

The guy in the M3 was asking how often we meet and how he could find us online.
I told him every couple of months or so and told him he could find us on e60.net.
His M3 had some nice mods.

Originally Posted by jiio' post='322022' date='Aug 12 2006, 09:50 PM
Hey,
What did you tell the guy in the M3? I thought for a moment he was going to join us?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Members

That was an awesome meet and drive, and the food was pretty good at SINO'S. Those twisties were great, sorry for those who got sick. Hope you guys feel better. Thanks for setting all that up, my530i and ECF. Hope you had a good time up here, jiio. Got to see more mods I hope to get someday. I might get tempted if I walked into Darwin's shop.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='322043' date='Aug 13 2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah, that was a great meet guys. Good to see you all again and nice to meet millhouse24 and jiio. It's seriously giving me second thoughts about selling her now. I'll be posting my pics tomorrow morning.

I loved the twisties too! I trailed my530, uwsc11, jiio and it got interesting after about 10 miles into the run (after millhouse24 pulled aside). You three got pretty aggressive and I noticed quickly between my i6 and your v8s but still kept up for the most part . I guess I know now why millhouse24 and jiio pulled aside. Sorry about that.

Another cool thing on the drive was seeing the Lambos (and I thought I saw a trailing Ferrari) going in the opposite direction.

Another thought about the meet was how no matter how many pictures are posted of your rides it just doesn't do justice in seeing the real thing - especially the evil twins ECF and Freed0m. Same thing goes with the sounds of the V8s and ahem, those with dinan exhausts (ECF )
ro11dice, it was great driving with you and my530. It was a perfect line-up with the 550, 545 and 530 chasing the twisties. It really shows the potential of the car, no matter what engine. All you do is drive in 2nd or 3rd anyway.

I am really looking forward to the next meet-and-drive. Hopefully before the end of this season, maybe sometime in Oct.

Thanks my530 (you-should-really-call-yourself-my-550) and ECF for setting up the event. It was awsome!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Contributors

Hey uwsc11, glad you were able to make it out at the last minute. October sounds like a great idea considering that would be around the 1st anniversary of our first meet on Oct 22nd last year....

Maybe we can start the planning earlier so that more people will have time to plan ahead and join....make it a bigger event with more activities...

Quick Reply: 3rd Bay Area Meet - Aug 12th