Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

2nd Meeting of the E60's

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing like coming to huge signes that say 100 and below it there are cameras and once you pass the sign you can tell there are even offices behind the sign. I pass them everytime on the way to Frankfurt.

See you there.

PS, I wont forget the M5 Brochure
Old 10-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Well, If you didn't make it you missed out.

I know I had a blast!! Meeting everyone was great. Will post pics soon. Flowerfred has some good pictures of us all in a group.

It was interesting seeing 11 BMW E60/61's in a small parking lot.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I arrived home safely after a 4 hour drive.. I'm realy tired so will go to bed early.

It was great meeting you guys in real life and I had a superb time! Next time I want to be there again!

Thanks for all your friendlyness!!
Old 10-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

We cannot wait to see the pictures!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I hope everybody had a safe trip back home and I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did!
Some of you had to leave earlier because of the longer travel distances, but I hope you had a chance to enjoy a couple of the curves up there! Driving on these roads is fun. These are the roads the cars are getting tested! So these roeads are what our cars are built for... well, and the Autobahn of course...
Kigerka, Spec33 and UltraPlanet tried to follow me, but somehow we lost Ultraplanet... Ultra... I'm sorry... We made a left turn in the first city and stopped, but you drove by without noticing us in that street... Anyways, I hope you had some fun driving on those roads. They are all pretty much the same. Thanks for the CD! It was fun listening it while driving...
We finished our lap at the Feldberg and took a little walk and enjoyed the view. The tower was closed due to construction - will re-open December 7... But it was beautiful up there anyways.
It was really a lot of fun meeting everybody! I still can't believe how many we were...
Kigerka, Spec33, UltraPlanet, cwoarmy, igor, icefly and his kid, 530E60NL, FlowerFred and friend, skorpyo25 and me.
A total of ten cars, two of them were E61's, plus there was another E60 parked in the parking lot. When we took the pics there were two X5's and a 7... A lot of Bimmers up there...
I loved the looks of other ppl walking by or standing around staring at our cars. In the parking lot where we took the pics there was a couple with a MB, and they even walked around and took a look at our cars, probably wondering about it, but didn't said anything.
I have never seen ten E60/E61's in a parking lot before. All kinds of options, different MY's, US spec, German spec, UK spec, Dutch spec, Luxemburg spec... WOW
Thanks everybody!
And thanks to Kris who gave a couple SMG driving lessons!

2nd Meeting of the E60's-img_1085.jpg

2nd Meeting of the E60's-img_1087.jpg

2nd Meeting of the E60's-img_1089.jpg
Old 10-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

i envy you guys soooooo much :'(. the number of e60/e61 on that day, in that lot, is probably more than the total number of e60 in hawaii :'(.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Contributors

It was amazing!
Those curves we drove were incredible. I had never recently taken my turns with that speed before because usually I have family in my car and this was a great opportunity for me to go for it and the car handled like a dream.

Now we just have to get belgium going.

If you guys can send me the pics you took at around 100kb I will post them on the web. Getting ready to redo the E60 meet webpage.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Contributors

I was late when I arrived, but I enjoyed so much being there. I give a couple of pics of this memorable event....hope to get another one soon!

2nd Meeting of the E60's-dscn2399web.jpg

2nd Meeting of the E60's-dscn2398web.jpg
Old 10-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks like you all had a great time!

When you guys get your photos sorted out, someone ought to post them in a gallery instead of in a thread or on another website...
Old 10-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Wow!!! those pictures look great. It's so cool to see my car in between all the other E60's.

Quick Reply: 2nd Meeting of the E60's