Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

***Spring Tri-State Area E60 Meet, Drive & Eat***

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Where's my plane ticket you were gonna send me?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='591648' date='May 30 2008, 12:51 PM
Where's my plane ticket you were gonna send me?
Fed Ex doesn't require one, but the box you will be shipped in is arriving shortly. The airbill is in there. I put weight around 40 lbs. That sound about right?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

40lbs wet.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Guys - I just wanted to send everyone an update. If you are attending this meet, please read this when you get a chance:

1. The lunch spot is booked. The name of the place is The Wharf at Steamboat Landing. It's in Glen Cove, on the water. It's a beautiful place and perfect for our event (They actually host a few Ferrari Meets each summer). Member poleposition (Kerry) and I met with the owner yesterday after work. We have the entire parking lot, right in front of the restaurant, blocked off for all of our cars. This lot can accomodate 100+ cars and I told him this was mandatory. He will have the entire lot coned and taped off until we arrive. No public cars will be allowed to park there. He is putting the public in another lot he owns, next door. We will all park our own cars. There is no valet service so don't worry. In terms of sitting down and eating, we have an entire area blocked off on the deck for our group. If the weather isn't perfect, they have a tent that covers half the deck which is ours and ours only. Cost will be around $30 per person, possibly less. Please bring cash in various denominations to make it easy when it comes time to pay. Please try and avoid paying with a credit card. It will make my life so much easier.

2. All of our prizes from all of our Sponsors will be given out during lunch. We will also be doing a 50/50 charity raffle. The 50% charity portion will be going to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for Children.

3. The T-Shirts are done. Cost will be $15 per person. I originally said $20, but was able to negotiate for a lower price, even though we had a smaller, bulk order. Again, please bring me cash as I don't accept credit cards . Exact change would be preferrred and again, would be much easier for me.

4. We will have a handout for each person that outlines an aerial view of the drive along with directions and phone numbers, should anyone get lost, separated from the group, pulled over, etc.. These will be handed out in the morning, upon your arrival at the Meet spot. The drive ends at our lunch location.

That's about it for now. If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns or additional ideas, feel free to PM me.

Hope everyone is doing great. I look forward to meeting the many new faces that are attending and seeing many of the old crew.

Have a great weekend!

/Calton
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='591659' date='May 30 2008, 01:03 PM
Guys - I just wanted to send everyone an update. If you are attending this meet, please read this when you get a chance:

1. The lunch spot is booked. The name of the place is The Wharf at Steamboat Landing. It's in Glen Cove, on the water. It's a beautiful place and perfect for our event (They actually host a few Ferrari Meets each summer). Member poleposition (Kerry) and I met with the owner yesterday after work. We have the entire parking lot, right in front of the restaurant, blocked off for all of our cars. This lot can accomodate 100+ cars and I told him this was mandatory. He will have the entire lot coned and taped off until we arrive. No public cars will be allowed to park there. He is putting the public in another lot he owns, next door. We will all park our own cars. There is no valet service so don't worry. In terms of sitting down and eating, we have an entire area blocked off on the deck for our group. If the weather isn't perfect, they have a tent that covers half the deck which is ours and ours only. Cost will be around $30 per person, possibly less. Please bring cash in various denominations to make it easy when it comes time to pay. Please try and avoid paying with a credit card. It will make my life so much easier.

2. All of our prizes from all of our Sponsors will be given out during lunch. We will also be doing a 50/50 charity raffle. The 50% charity portion will be going to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for Children.

3. The T-Shirts are done. Cost will be $15 per person. I originally said $20, but was able to negotiate for a lower price, even though we had a smaller, bulk order. Again, please bring me cash as I don't accept credit cards . Exact change would be preferrred and again, would be much easier for me.

4. We will have a handout for each person that outlines an aerial view of the drive along with directions and phone numbers, should anyone get lost, separated from the group, pulled over, etc.. These will be handed out in the morning, upon your arrival at the Meet spot. The drive ends at our lunch location.

That's about it for now. If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns or additional ideas, feel free to PM me.

Hope everyone is doing great. I look forward to meeting the many new faces that are attending and seeing many of the old crew.

Have a great weekend!

/Calton

Dam C' it took me like 10 miuntes to read all that, not really... .Sounds good cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Nav, Xenon and PDC

Thanks to Calton and Kerry for all their hard work in setting this up for us. Looking forward to meeting everyone there!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Contributors

excellent guys can't wait it my first bmw meet
Old 05-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 530i Mtech

WOW this meet is gonna be sick!!!!! I cant wait. I will be there bright and early.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='591659' date='May 30 2008, 01:03 PM

Have a great weekend!

/Calton

Cannot wait to meet you guys!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

I can't wait Big C, it would be nice to see the E60 community again

Quick Reply: ***Spring Tri-State Area E60 Meet, Drive & Eat***