Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!
View Poll Results: Do you want to take the drive we did on June 6th through the Poconos, the Skylands Region of Sussex
Yes
80.00%
No
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

***REPEAT OF THE JUNE 6TH PA/NJ/NY DRIVE ANYONE??**

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i'll probably have the wheels in a week. VMR is going to send me some V710 for a good price. Thanks to michael @ acute for help. Then fix the VB2s and sell them.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='905506' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:40 PM
I would possibly be interested in attending the next drive. Not sure my "family schedule" will permit any BMW Meets in the coming months, but if I can find a way to escape for a few hours, I'd definitely be interested.

Scott - Buy a Go-Pro Camera for your car. You would love it.
It would be great to have you there! You would love the route. But a repeat of our June 6th drive is an all-day event and, given where you live, you'd put over 300 miles on your car. Given your family situation, if it's a non-starter, I can certainly understand (I've been there myself when Victor was little).

The input that I'm getting from most members about a repeat of the June 6th drive is for the July 25th date.

Vlad is also plotting out a route for a drive in upstate New York that begins in Port Jervis. The proposed route would be beautiful although probably not quite as technical as the Pa route is -- but much safer for giant meets and lowered cars. I would not recommend that anyone with a really loved ride go on a repeat of the June 6th drive as Snow Hill Road is really wild and uneven and one of our member scaped their front bumper (although no damage was done) when bombing down that road.

There has also been some talk of a Long Island meet and drive which would be much closer to your home and perhaps more doable in your current situation. I don't know as much about where to go on Long Island so I would leave organizing that meet/drive to the E60.net vets who have done it before with great success.

Where would you mount the Go-Pro Camera? Windshield with a suction cup?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='905520' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:58 PM
i'll probably have the wheels in a week. VMR is going to send me some V710 for a good price. Thanks to michael @ acute for help. Then fix the VB2s and sell them.
Outstanding!

Nice hookup and fast.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='905620' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:06 PM
It would be great to have you there! You would love the route. But a repeat of our June 6th drive is an all-day event and, given where you live, you'd put over 300 miles on your car. Given your family situation, if it's a non-starter, I can certainly understand (I've been there myself when Victor was little).

The input that I'm getting from most members about a repeat of the June 6th drive is for the July 25th date.

Vlad is also plotting out a route for a drive in upstate New York that begins in Port Jervis. The proposed route would be beautiful although probably not quite as technical as the Pa route is -- but much safer for giant meets and lowered cars. I would not recommend that anyone with a really loved ride go on a repeat of the June 6th drive as Snow Hill Road is really wild and uneven and one of our member scaped their front bumper (although no damage was done) when bombing down that road.

There has also been some talk of a Long Island meet and drive which would be much closer to your home and perhaps more doable in your current situation. I don't know as much about where to go on Long Island so I would leave organizing that meet/drive to the E60.net vets who have done it before with great success.

Where would you mount the Go-Pro Camera? Windshield with a suction cup?
We did a LI Meet and Drive last year. It was fun and the biggest E60 Meet thus far, but the drive was tough. We ended up shutting down a highway. That's how many cars we had. I probably wouldn't do another LI Meet in the future.

We did 250 miles that day in Bear Mtn, after everyone left, so I wouldn't mind doing something similar. That is of course, if the wife allows me to be absent for a day. Just one thing though...does Gayregg4turds have to come? I'd love it if he wasn't there.

Check out Go-Pro Camera's. They're used on many race cars and can be placed just about anywhere on the vehicle (inside and out).
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='905883' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:54 PM
We did a LI Meet and Drive last year. It was fun and the biggest E60 Meet thus far, but the drive was tough. We ended up shutting down a highway. That's how many cars we had. I probably wouldn't do another LI Meet in the future.

We did 250 miles that day in Bear Mtn, after everyone left, so I wouldn't mind doing something similar. That is of course, if the wife allows me to be absent for a day. Just one thing though...does Gayregg4turds have to come? I'd love it if he wasn't there.

Check out Go-Pro Camera's. They're used on many race cars and can be placed just about anywhere on the vehicle (inside and out).
I may be gay, but at least I didnt have Kerry screw my wife to get pregnant... BIATCH!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='905930' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:39 PM
I may be gay, but at least I didnt have Kerry screw my wife to get pregnant... BIATCH!
Gross. Just picturing Kerry having sex makes me want to puke.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 12 bmw x5 3.5 10 nissan gtr 10 ml350 10 jeep wrangler sport 09 m5 stock white w/ red 08 s550 white w/ beige 00 acura integra

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='905930' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:39 PM
I see a bitch fight going on heehee!!!!!!
yo gregg how was the ride home sat???? it took my almost 2 hours to back to south jersey but over all it was a nice ride
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by king1828' post='905953' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:52 PM
I see a bitch fight going on heehee!!!!!!
yo gregg how was the ride home sat???? it took my almost 2 hours to back to south jersey but over all it was a nice ride
Wassssuuuuuppppp...I did a harriman Park ride, then went to Bear Mountain and went for drinks and dinner at Torches. Then raced with 3 motorcycles back through Taconic Parkway all of the way home at 120...Very nice!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

C- I almost wiped out on the road...Joe saw it all...Tell 'em
Old 06-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='905883' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:54 PM

Yes, Gregg is always welcome if he wants. You all will re-bond at the South Beach parade I'm sure.

I would not want 50-60 cars on the big PA/NJ/NY drive. I don't think Snow Hill Road could handle that kind of volume safely. But 10-20 cars would be just fine.

Quick Reply: ***REPEAT OF THE JUNE 6TH PA/NJ/NY DRIVE ANYONE??**