Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!
View Poll Results: Do you want to take the drive we did on June 6th through the Poconos, the Skylands Region of Sussex
Yes
80.00%
No
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

***REPEAT OF THE JUNE 6TH PA/NJ/NY DRIVE ANYONE??**

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature
Thumbs down

The six members who did the June 6th drive through the rural Poconos, Sussex County, New Jersey and into Harriman all left with huge smiles on their faces (and empty gas tanks ). The reviews of the drive are in the thread for that meet: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=77965

But there were only six members who attended. Many members PM'ed me and told me that they really wanted to take the drive but could not on June 6th and hoped that we would do it again.

Therefore, I'd be happy to do it again with any interested members. It's no big deal for me as Victor and myself usually go out driving every weekend. He loves it.

The route is already laid out so it's just a question of going if you are interested. It is an amazing drive through a lot of very rural areas where the cops generally are not. The run is filled with twisties and sweepers. And some beautiful scenery.

This meet is a long, thrilling beautiful drive -- not a cruise. (There will be meets for those more interested in a cruise). This meet is for those who love to drive a long distance and test their skills against some really technical roads. It's an all-day event and the drive part is over 200 miles.

The drive ends at the intersection of Route 17 and 17A in Tuxedo, New York at the entrance to Harriman State Park (you all remember that junction from the Bear Mountain meet). Lunch is in Milford, Pa near the point where NJ, NY and PA all intersect.

If you are interested, vote "yes" and pick a date. I did not include June 27, July 4 or July 18 as choices as Victor and I are out of pocket on those dates.

The drive was a total blast and Victor and I can't wait to do it again. If we get a big turnout, great. But if we get 6-10 cars again, that would be fine too as the route is so much fun.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5 Alpine White/ Indy Red 6spd
I voted yes for the 20th.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC' post='904739' date='Jun 8 2009, 07:55 PM
I voted yes for the 20th.
Terrific! We missed you and your AW M5 at the meet. It would have been a twin to Joe's, which look phenomenal at the meet.

I think you might have accidentally checked "no" to doing the meet because 4 people have picked their preferred date -- but we only have 3 yes votes.

I know that you love to drive that AW beauty and you'll get some ride out of in on this run.

For me, the most rewarding part of the meet was seeing the smiles on our members' faces who did the drive -- especially after turning around on Snow Hill Road at the halfway point of the road.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Not sure about the date, but I'm definitely interested in taking a ride
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

yes repeat but i definitely need to get my wheels first. working with VMR to get everything situated. Hopefully end up with some nice set of new wheels...hehehehe
Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='905036' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:42 AM
yes repeat but i definitely need to get my wheels first. working with VMR to get everything situated. Hopefully end up with some nice set of new wheels...hehehehe
I'd run stocker on this run, bud hahaha unless you wanna be at the back of the pack...
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Contributors

PS if anyone's on the fence about this - don't hesitate! Doing this drive is like finding out the reason your BMW is.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='905036' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah you definitely can't do the route on porous wheels. The new ones sound terrific. What's you timeframe for getting them>
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5 Alpine White/ Indy Red 6spd
Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='904765' date='Jun 8 2009, 08:36 PM
Terrific! We missed you and your AW M5 at the meet. It would have been a twin to Joe's, which look phenomenal at the meet.

I think you might have accidentally checked "no" to doing the meet because 4 people have picked their preferred date -- but we only have 3 yes votes.

I know that you love to drive that AW beauty and you'll get some ride out of in on this run.

For me, the most rewarding part of the meet was seeing the smiles on our members' faces who did the drive -- especially after turning around on Snow Hill Road at the halfway point of the road.
I don't think I did. Pretty sure I hit the yes lol. Any way I am looking forward to it. I was actually thinking the 25th of July may be better for me since our systems conversion should be over by then and that means less of a chance of me being called into work. Also the 25th gives people more time to plan and bettr chance of more people attending.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I would possibly be interested in attending the next drive. Not sure my "family schedule" will permit any BMW Meets in the coming months, but if I can find a way to escape for a few hours, I'd definitely be interested.

Scott - Buy a Go-Pro Camera for your car. You would love it.

Quick Reply: ***REPEAT OF THE JUNE 6TH PA/NJ/NY DRIVE ANYONE??**