Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

WOW! SOME Cop's are amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i
Smile

Today I was leaving work, and I got stopped by a red light. Noticed a cop ahead at the next light just waiting. As my light turns green I started to go and by the time I get to his light, he cuts me off. He then goes into the other lane and yells, "Why did you almost hit me?" and pulls me over. I think tell him, " Look sir, you cut me off right when the light turned to green. I noticed you looking at me as soon as I left the light." He then says, "oh well, maybe you should drive slower!" He then says, "Your tints are dark! You know they're illegal in California. You have 2 options, Rip them off right now or get the 700 ticket and get your car towed to your house." At first I tried to do as much as possible to get away with it but he becomes even more of a dickhead. So I decided to rip off my tint then rather get a $700 fine and tow. He then asks for my front amber reflectors on my front bumper and then asks me to pop the hood. I also, tell him that a few CHP's checked out my car and the only thing that gives them a reason to pull me over is just my tints. Nothing about my lights or reflectors, or my Hawaiian warrior head that hangs from my mirror. The whole time this was happening I was smirking and laughed every time he made smart ass remarks. He gives me this long lecture about tinted windows, why they're illegal, and how the CHP that I talked was most likely a buddy of em blah blah. Right when he decided to finally let me leave, he says "I hope we are friends now, I hope to see you around soon" then he winks. What a freakin dickhead! I can't believe some cops out there thinking they have all the power in the world. I was so ready to go ape shit but it wasn't worth it. Sorry for all the pottymouth words, Venting at its finest.

P.S. I'm putting my tints back on next week, this time a few notches lighter than 20%.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Some people are just *ssh*les. Sorry to hear about such a crappy encounter. Geez... now you have to re-tint. I feel for you bro!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

that sucks, was this in Hayward.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

I get harassed the same way. I usually get the old, "can I search your vehicle?". I am not a big fan of the pigs.

Cali tint law:

Windshield - Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.

Front Side Windows - Must allow more than 70% of light in.

Back Side Windows - Any darkness can be used.

Rear Window - Any darkness can be used.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

You were wise to keep your cool -- well done, that probably wasn't easy!

IF () your next tints meet the regs that JetBlack5OC mentioned above, then its probably worth having some paperwork to prove it, to stop those kind of discussions happening in the future...
Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I had a similar expereince when I had a black Alfa Romeo with some mods on (a couple of years back, yes... ). Several cars could pass the police control in the city, but not mine of course. An officer knocked on my side window and asked "IS this your car?"

What are you suppose to answer? "No, sir, I've just stolen it. Is there a problem with that...?"

D***head.

All humans equal, yes?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by Uzzle' post='677796' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:12 AM
Today I was leaving work, and I got stopped by a red light. Noticed a cop ahead at the next light just waiting. As my light turns green I started to go and by the time I get to his light, he cuts me off. He then goes into the other lane and yells, "Why did you almost hit me?" and pulls me over. I think tell him, " Look sir, you cut me off right when the light turned to green. I noticed you looking at me as soon as I left the light." He then says, "oh well, maybe you should drive slower!" He then says, "Your tints are dark! You know they're illegal in California. You have 2 options, Rip them off right now or get the 700 ticket and get your car towed to your house." At first I tried to do as much as possible to get away with it but he becomes even more of a dickhead. So I decided to rip off my tint then rather get a $700 fine and tow. He then asks for my front amber reflectors on my front bumper and then asks me to pop the hood. I also, tell him that a few CHP's checked out my car and the only thing that gives them a reason to pull me over is just my tints. Nothing about my lights or reflectors, or my Hawaiian warrior head that hangs from my mirror. The whole time this was happening I was smirking and laughed every time he made smart ass remarks. He gives me this long lecture about tinted windows, why they're illegal, and how the CHP that I talked was most likely a buddy of em blah blah. Right when he decided to finally let me leave, he says "I hope we are friends now, I hope to see you around soon" then he winks. What a freakin dickhead! I can't believe some cops out there thinking they have all the power in the world. I was so ready to go ape shit but it wasn't worth it. Sorry for all the pottymouth words, Venting at its finest.

P.S. I'm putting my tints back on next week, this time a few notches lighter than 20%.
You a gangsta homie...that's why...213 crew!!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

wow.. that sucks.. you were probably stewing inside.. he was looking to pick on you from the beginning.. did you end up popping the hood??: what the hell did he want to see under there that is illegal?? what a fu&king retard! some cops have deeper issues...lol..
Old 09-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

WTFaaack?!?! James, which city where you in and which street exactly?!?! and how does one go about peeling off window tint just like that?!? craaazy... f'n cops!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Wow what a f*^king @$$hole