Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadeZeRO' post='1013757' date='Sep 22 2009, 10:10 AM
BLASPHAMY
OSX IS t3h Gr3at3st App Evarrr

Steve Jobs is GOD , etc etc

please go back under Jobs' desk and continue your previous activity
HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

In your BIOS set your ACPI to either IDE compatible or compatible mode. It's because when you installed Windows 7, you didn't use the proper driver for your SATA drives.

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='1013625' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:46 AM
don't even get me started with Windows 7. Last week i kept "fixing" Windows 7 as it stubbornly refused to boot up anymore. After the windows logo dissapeared the screen went black and froze, system restore didn't help so decided to reinstall. After a few HOURS of reinstalling my apps and configuring them properly, the problem reappeared.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance' post='1013994' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:10 PM
In your BIOS set your ACPI to either IDE compatible or compatible mode. It's because when you installed Windows 7, you didn't use the proper driver for your SATA drives.
IDE? I don't think that will do. I have 2 RAID 0 Volumes, 2 x Velociraptors and 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB each. I keep my OS on the Velociraptor RAID volume, and if i could install Linux without too many headaches on my RAID volumes i would do it in a heartbeat and trash MShit.

You see this is exactly another reason why headaches are gone in the Macword. Even though i appreciate your advice this just shows that the Mac experience is no where even closely related to the shitty Windows/PC experience. With a Mac my BIOS PC problems are gone, and i didn't realize this until i've read your post. So thanks x 2.

Andrei

PS: For all Nvidia GPU PC owners i strongly suggest NOT updating and NOT installing the Nvidia drivers for the GPU or for the MOBO from the Nvidia site, for Windows 7. Once i've done that i got bluescreens at each and every boot-up. Windows restore fixed it as i narrowed the possible driver installs i've done lately. So it appears Windows 7 drivers that come with the OS or from software update are better than what you find on your hardware producer's website.

PSS: Here's another Windows 7 hiccup (personal experience)
Attached Thumbnails Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X-stopped_working.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Senior Members

OT: I just had to show this guys since i find it very funny.

For the first time ever i saw Firefox being embarrassed. Literally!!
Attached Thumbnails Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X-img_0627.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='1014642' date='Sep 23 2009, 04:36 AM
IDE? I don't think that will do. I have 2 RAID 0 Volumes, 2 x Velociraptors and 2 x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB each. I keep my OS on the Velociraptor RAID volume, and if i could install Linux without too many headaches on my RAID volumes i would do it in a heartbeat and trash MShit.

You see this is exactly another reason why headaches are gone in the Macword. Even though i appreciate your advice this just shows that the Mac experience is no where even closely related to the shitty Windows/PC experience. With a Mac my BIOS PC problems are gone, and i didn't realize this until i've read your post. So thanks x 2.

Andrei

PS: For all Nvidia GPU PC owners i strongly suggest NOT updating and NOT installing the Nvidia drivers for the GPU or for the MOBO from the Nvidia site, for Windows 7. Once i've done that i got bluescreens at each and every boot-up. Windows restore fixed it as i narrowed the possible driver installs i've done lately. So it appears Windows 7 drivers that come with the OS or from software update are better than what you find on your hardware producer's website.

PSS: Here's another Windows 7 hiccup (personal experience)

With Win7 you should scrap RAID and the Velociraptors and just go with one SSD (OCZ Vertex or Intel X25-M G2). In fact, the real SSD speed increase and TRIM is only available at the moment in non-RAID config using the MS Windows mass storage driver.

I run my Nvidia card without issue on my 64 bit Win 7 rig. I have used both the MS driver and multiple Nvidia drivers.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Contributors

well since my home pc crashed for the 3rd time i gave up on fixing it and reinstalling windows i went the mac route and purchased a notebook, took some getting used and i love it now though i dont mind much with the security stuff. mac>windows!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

someone said it:
windows=neccesity
mac=choice

superb!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by PAKOGERTE' post='1014808' date='Sep 23 2009, 08:35 AM
someone said it:
windows=neccesity
mac=choice

superb!
absolutely.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

By the way,
Will Mac users switch to Windows because it is more secure? I would guess No.
Will Windows users switch to a Mac if it is more secure? I would also guess No.

So why bother? Just enjoy using your Mac or PC, and keep off the weird sites and have malware protection.

Peace out.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by heavy_g' post='1014847' date='Sep 23 2009, 12:02 PM
By the way,
Will Mac users switch to Windows because it is more secure? I would guess No.
Will Windows users switch to a Mac if it is more secure? I would also guess No.

So why bother? Just enjoy using your Mac or PC, and keep off the weird sites and have malware protection.

Peace out.

Well said. I love my iMac.

Quick Reply: Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X