Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Who Got 1/2 Trillion Tax Dollars

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:57 AM
Members

You missed a little something. Bernancke is the Federal Reserve Chairman now. He is legally charged with the responsibility to competently and with knowledge run the Federal Reserve. As of this time (now- like today) he does not know where the mony went. I know you are a big supporter of Obama and his team but certainly you are not blind to job responsibilities, oversight obligations and obligations of the person serving as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

PS. My post didn't say Bernancke stole the money. It said he didn't even know where it went. So how you can blame Bush, because the Obama appointee currently sitting at the Fed Reserve Chariman doesn't know where the money went, is beyon me. Living in Boulder didn't sap every once of objectivity out of you, did it? Manup please.
Old 07-23-2009 | 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GregBrand' post='951850' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:57 PM
You missed a little something. Bernancke is the Federal Reserve Chairman now. He is legally charged with the responsibility to competently and with knowledge run the Federal Reserve. As of this time (now- like today) he does not know where the mony went. I know you are a big supporter of Obama and his team but certainly you are not blind to job responsibilities, oversight obligations and obligations of the person serving as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

PS. My post didn't say Bernancke stole the money. It said he didn't even know where it went. So how you can blame Bush, because the Obama appointee currently sitting at the Fed Reserve Chariman doesn't know where the money went, is beyon me. Living in Boulder didn't sap every once of objectivity out of you, did it? Manup please.
No, I can be objective, I just love the Bushies attacking Bernake and anything to do with Obama for a bailout bill that was passed last Sept as I recall - fully 4 months before Obama took office and appointed anyone. It was Bush's appointee who force fed a bill through the senate with no oversight, only he had control or knowledge of where the $$$ went. If he didn't pass it along to his successor who's fault is that?
All the right wing whack jobs just make me laugh, NOW they want to "move on", NOW they think Bush will be judged favorably by history. Face it he was a moron who did more to screw up this country than any person in history.
Old 07-23-2009 | 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by GregBrand' post='951850' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:57 PM
It said he didn't even know where it went. So how you can blame Bush, because the Obama appointee currently sitting at the Fed Reserve Chariman doesn't know where the money went, is beyon me.

I don't disagree that the whole thing is troubling, but Bernanke wasn't actually an Obama appointee, Greg... He's had the job since 2006 so he's been in post for quite a while
Old 07-23-2009 | 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Oops!!

Edit: Guess that kind discredits both Greg and pjinca's points...
Old 07-23-2009 | 12:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

check your facts, it was the TREASURY'S bailout plan, not the federal reserves. so it was hank paulson's job (now tim geithner) to know where it all went, not bernanke's.
and yes, paulson is an imbecile (for reasons i wont go into, but this is one of them).
Old 07-23-2009 | 05:07 PM
Members

pjinca you left your objectivity in Boulder. You said this happened 4 months before your leader, Obama, took office. Who do you think was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve 4 months before Obama took office? You won't hold the Chairman of the Federal Reserve to a standard of knowing where 1/2 trillion US taxes went on HIS WATCH? Manup for once.
Old 07-23-2009 | 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GregBrand' post='952277' date='Jul 23 2009, 06:07 PM
pjinca you left your objectivity in Boulder. You said this happened 4 months before your leader, Obama, took office. Who do you think was the Chairman of the Federal Reserve 4 months before Obama took office? You won't hold the Chairman of the Federal Reserve to a standard of knowing where 1/2 trillion US taxes went on HIS WATCH? Manup for once.

And the man was appointed by whom? NOT Obama, case closed. BTW, I am more man than you'll ever be
Old 07-23-2009 | 05:28 PM
Contributors

The reserve lent it out to countries that they know will pay them back.
Old 07-23-2009 | 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by TEAM M' post='952313' date='Jul 23 2009, 08:28 PM
The reserve lent it out to countries that they know will pay them back.
Bwahahaha!
Old 07-23-2009 | 07:54 PM
Members

Quick Reply: Who Got 1/2 Trillion Tax Dollars