5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   Who can beat the Lakers next season? (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/who-can-beat-lakers-next-season-125595/)

SD5Series 08-13-2012 07:56 PM

All star line up! Kobe, Nash, Howard, Meta, and Pau! Enough said.

Gene 08-13-2012 08:08 PM

as good as they look on paper...fact of the matter is OKC is still the better team, maybe even the heat..but I think my Celt's will handle them and perhaps get #18 against the lakers :cool:

d12 will be out for a good part of the early season as he's still rehabbing that back. OKC bigs and back court are all coming back and will run circles around nash, kobe, and blake. Maynard is coming off the bench along with harden, no more old man fisher....laker bench is still suspect at best: jameson, jordan hill, ebanks, and blake? don't think barnes is coming back either...you picked up meeks and duhon, but who knows if they'll be a factor or not..

kendrick has a proven record of handling d12. Collison, Ibaka, and Perk have the size and ability to match up and even do well against the laker bigs...

and your coach is still mike brown, never been a fan of his, but at least he gets an entire off season and full regular season to get it right...

don't sleep on denver as well..iggy made that team better, chandler comes back, and their guards are still good..not to mention their bigs are only going to get better...

going to be a great season for NBA fans..but don't go planning the DTLA parade just yet :cool:

i won't get into the C's moves, improvement and depth..but for sure we are built to challenge the heat for the east..losing RA to them was tough but we definitely improved through free agency and draft picks

jasperxli 08-14-2012 10:08 AM

i predict the charlotte bobcats will rise from the ashes and beat the lakes

tex_phil 08-14-2012 12:53 PM

Heat, maybe the Nuggets, depending on how they mesh together. Not to mention what happens if Kobe/Howard gets a major injury like Drose.

Alpine White Girl 08-16-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS (Post 1463070)
as good as they look on paper...fact of the matter is OKC is still the better team, maybe even the heat..but I think my Celt's will handle them and perhaps get #18 against the lakers :cool:

d12 will be out for a good part of the early season as he's still rehabbing that back. OKC bigs and back court are all coming back and will run circles around nash, kobe, and blake. Maynard is coming off the bench along with harden, no more old man fisher....laker bench is still suspect at best: jameson, jordan hill, ebanks, and blake? don't think barnes is coming back either...you picked up meeks and duhon, but who knows if they'll be a factor or not..

kendrick has a proven record of handling d12. Collison, Ibaka, and Perk have the size and ability to match up and even do well against the laker bigs...

and your coach is still mike brown, never been a fan of his, but at least he gets an entire off season and full regular season to get it right...

don't sleep on denver as well..iggy made that team better, chandler comes back, and their guards are still good..not to mention their bigs are only going to get better...

going to be a great season for NBA fans..but don't go planning the DTLA parade just yet :cool:

i won't get into the C's moves, improvement and depth..but for sure we are built to challenge the heat for the east..losing RA to them was tough but we definitely improved through free agency and draft picks

Bolded for inaccurate statement. He's already back on the court practicing at the wooden center. He will be ready for the season.

Gene 08-17-2012 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl (Post 1463733)
Bolded for inaccurate statement. He's already back on the court practicing at the wooden center. He will be ready for the season.

practicing is one thing, but back at full rotation is another.....he's been rehabing for 4 months tho, so perhaps he will be ready....but you never know, hope it's not another luke walton recovery...

nomis_nehc 08-17-2012 08:10 AM

Luke Walton is junk though (relative to other players :smile:) .

My only concern is how Mike Brown is going to run Howard and Gasol on the court together. Brown just doesn't seem that intelligent to me to handle Lakers.

Alpine White Girl 08-17-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS (Post 1463786)
practicing is one thing, but back at full rotation is another.....he's been rehabing for 4 months tho, so perhaps he will be ready....but you never know, hope it's not another luke walton recovery...

true. sounds like he will be ready though. His dr made a statement but i cant seem to find it now. I think dwight and his camp were pushing those injury rumors out there to drive his price tag down for teams trying to acquire him

https://p.twimg.com/A0EubOSCAAATTwe.jpg

^ practicing at the wooden center

we talkin bout practice?!?!?!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc (Post 1463816)
Luke Walton is junk though (relative to other players :smile:) .

My only concern is how Mike Brown is going to run Howard and Gasol on the court together. Brown just doesn't seem that intelligent to me to handle Lakers.

yea but from the sound of things it looks like they are going to run a hybrid of the Princeton offense and the triangle. Hopefully Mike Brown has no part in the offense and gives all his attention to the defensive side of the ball. We will need it to slow down westbrick because nash has never played defense in his life.

Gene 08-17-2012 12:09 PM

wondering how the lakers picking up the magic assistant coach will impact this team...either way, going to be a good season, glad everyone gets a full pre season along with non-condensed schedule

rrnag30 08-18-2012 07:23 AM

Lakers have to be considered favorites to hit the Finals. Dwight (huge upgrade on defense, a small loss at points from the line) and Nash acquisitions and the removal of Bynum (due to inconsistency); I don't see how their bench is suspect. The addition of Jamison is huge, that guy starts on most teams and now will anchor the bench. Remember this guy can shoot lights out. I don't like Jordan Hill but he ended the season on a great note, well played like he was supposed to at least, so that bolsters the bench as well. Not that the bench is going to have a ton of minutes anyways.