Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Who can beat the Lakers next season?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

All star line up! Kobe, Nash, Howard, Meta, and Pau! Enough said.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

as good as they look on paper...fact of the matter is OKC is still the better team, maybe even the heat..but I think my Celt's will handle them and perhaps get #18 against the lakers

d12 will be out for a good part of the early season as he's still rehabbing that back. OKC bigs and back court are all coming back and will run circles around nash, kobe, and blake. Maynard is coming off the bench along with harden, no more old man fisher....laker bench is still suspect at best: jameson, jordan hill, ebanks, and blake? don't think barnes is coming back either...you picked up meeks and duhon, but who knows if they'll be a factor or not..

kendrick has a proven record of handling d12. Collison, Ibaka, and Perk have the size and ability to match up and even do well against the laker bigs...

and your coach is still mike brown, never been a fan of his, but at least he gets an entire off season and full regular season to get it right...

don't sleep on denver as well..iggy made that team better, chandler comes back, and their guards are still good..not to mention their bigs are only going to get better...

going to be a great season for NBA fans..but don't go planning the DTLA parade just yet

i won't get into the C's moves, improvement and depth..but for sure we are built to challenge the heat for the east..losing RA to them was tough but we definitely improved through free agency and draft picks
Old 08-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

i predict the charlotte bobcats will rise from the ashes and beat the lakes
Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Heat, maybe the Nuggets, depending on how they mesh together. Not to mention what happens if Kobe/Howard gets a major injury like Drose.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
as good as they look on paper...fact of the matter is OKC is still the better team, maybe even the heat..but I think my Celt's will handle them and perhaps get #18 against the lakers

d12 will be out for a good part of the early season as he's still rehabbing that back. OKC bigs and back court are all coming back and will run circles around nash, kobe, and blake. Maynard is coming off the bench along with harden, no more old man fisher....laker bench is still suspect at best: jameson, jordan hill, ebanks, and blake? don't think barnes is coming back either...you picked up meeks and duhon, but who knows if they'll be a factor or not..

kendrick has a proven record of handling d12. Collison, Ibaka, and Perk have the size and ability to match up and even do well against the laker bigs...

and your coach is still mike brown, never been a fan of his, but at least he gets an entire off season and full regular season to get it right...

don't sleep on denver as well..iggy made that team better, chandler comes back, and their guards are still good..not to mention their bigs are only going to get better...

going to be a great season for NBA fans..but don't go planning the DTLA parade just yet

i won't get into the C's moves, improvement and depth..but for sure we are built to challenge the heat for the east..losing RA to them was tough but we definitely improved through free agency and draft picks
Bolded for inaccurate statement. He's already back on the court practicing at the wooden center. He will be ready for the season.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Bolded for inaccurate statement. He's already back on the court practicing at the wooden center. He will be ready for the season.
practicing is one thing, but back at full rotation is another.....he's been rehabing for 4 months tho, so perhaps he will be ready....but you never know, hope it's not another luke walton recovery...
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Luke Walton is junk though (relative to other players ) .

My only concern is how Mike Brown is going to run Howard and Gasol on the court together. Brown just doesn't seem that intelligent to me to handle Lakers.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
practicing is one thing, but back at full rotation is another.....he's been rehabing for 4 months tho, so perhaps he will be ready....but you never know, hope it's not another luke walton recovery...
true. sounds like he will be ready though. His dr made a statement but i cant seem to find it now. I think dwight and his camp were pushing those injury rumors out there to drive his price tag down for teams trying to acquire him

^ practicing at the wooden center

we talkin bout practice?!?!?!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Luke Walton is junk though (relative to other players ) .

My only concern is how Mike Brown is going to run Howard and Gasol on the court together. Brown just doesn't seem that intelligent to me to handle Lakers.
yea but from the sound of things it looks like they are going to run a hybrid of the Princeton offense and the triangle. Hopefully Mike Brown has no part in the offense and gives all his attention to the defensive side of the ball. We will need it to slow down westbrick because nash has never played defense in his life.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

wondering how the lakers picking up the magic assistant coach will impact this team...either way, going to be a good season, glad everyone gets a full pre season along with non-condensed schedule
Old 08-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

Lakers have to be considered favorites to hit the Finals. Dwight (huge upgrade on defense, a small loss at points from the line) and Nash acquisitions and the removal of Bynum (due to inconsistency); I don't see how their bench is suspect. The addition of Jamison is huge, that guy starts on most teams and now will anchor the bench. Remember this guy can shoot lights out. I don't like Jordan Hill but he ended the season on a great note, well played like he was supposed to at least, so that bolsters the bench as well. Not that the bench is going to have a ton of minutes anyways.

Quick Reply: Who can beat the Lakers next season?