Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What is wrong with American Criminals?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1063634
European jails are famous for being less harsh than any other jails around the world. Try going to jail in Equatorial Guinea's "Black Beach"
You said that like you've done some hard time in Equatorial Guinea's "Black Beach" TFF
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Members

LOL no, im 19 I recall reading about this jail in an article and it didn't seem pretty. People have even suggested that the country's president is a cannibal and likes to eat the prisoners.. Of course, these are just assumptions.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

Old 12-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NextLevel530xi' post='1066973' date='Dec 3 2009, 08:56 AM
NSFW
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Let's be completely honest here, the prison system in the US is a for-profit industry. It's set up that way, and that's the primary role it plays. It didn't start that way, but like so many other things in the US, once someone figured out how to make a killing, the original intent/purpose was lost and the primary driver became sustaining the industry. The US prison conditions and environment are likely a direct result of that.

Not to hijack this thread, but I fear the Green revolution will suffer the same fate. It is being leaned on heavily as a new industry by our government, and huge amounts of funds will be spent to be Green - both public and private. The government is relying on the industry for the creation of jobs that require minimal training, etc... This will likely mean that our govt will be relatively lax and refrain from intervening as the industry grows and evolves. (probably not a good idea)

Companies are coming out of the woodwork with products and services (not all useful) in an attempt to cash in on Green. It won't be long before the US is a slave to another "critical industry"... whether we need it or not.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='1066981' date='Dec 3 2009, 09:11 AM
Let's be completely honest here, the prison system in the US is a for-profit industry. It's set up that way, and that's the primary role it plays. It didn't start that way, but like so many other things in the US, once someone figured out how to make a killing, the original intent/purpose was lost and the primary driver became sustaining the industry. The US prison conditions and environment are likely a direct result of that.

Not to hijack this thread, but I fear the Green revolution will suffer the same fate. It is being leaned on heavily as a new industry by our government, and huge amounts of funds will be spent to be Green - both public and private. The government is relying on the industry for the creation of jobs that require minimal training, etc... This will likely mean that our govt will be relatively lax and refrain from intervening as the industry grows and evolves. (probably not a good idea)

Companies are coming out of the woodwork with products and services (not all useful) in an attempt to cash in on Green. It won't be long before the US is a slave to another "critical industry"... whether we need it or not.
Very true.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='1066981' date='Dec 3 2009, 09:11 AM
That is probably the consumers fault... People, in general, are fairly dumb. I have noticed companies creating a bunch of bogus products using the green revolution.

What I like about it is that it is just capitalism at work. What I like MOST about it is that it appeals to the tree-hugging liberals who despise capitalism. They don't know they are just a pawn in the in the big industry, free market, capitalism, survival of the fittest machine that they hate so much. liberals are usually such self-indulgent douchebags usually dont bother realizing that they are suckers. As long as they have the next trendy green thing. Then they all drive to san fransisco in their hybrids, stand around farting into wine glasses and you know the rest...

I know you were looking at a much bigger picture, but I wanted to take this chance to chime in.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1067200' date='Dec 3 2009, 03:15 PM
That is probably the consumers fault... People, in general, are fairly dumb. I have noticed companies creating a bunch of bogus products using the green revolution.

What I like about it is that it is just capitalism at work. What I like MOST about it is that it appeals to the tree-hugging liberals who despise capitalism. They don't know they are just a pawn in the in the big industry, free market, capitalism, survival of the fittest machine that they hate so much. liberals are usually such self-indulgent douchebags usually dont bother realizing that they are suckers. As long as they have the next trendy green thing. Then they all drive to san fransisco in their hybrids, stand around farting into wine glasses and you know the rest...

I know you were looking at a much bigger picture, but I wanted to take this chance to chime in.

Craig, your my idol

Completely agree. Although I really HATE the green movement. It just decreases the quality and efficiency of everything around us. There is a reason we have soft clear coats that swirl easily and there is a reason we get orange peeling on our cars. There is a reason it takes longer to remove that stain. There's a
reason why there is a $2000 gas guzzler tax when you buy an ///M3....the list goes
on.