Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What does everyone do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 13 2005, 01:43 PM
I'm in "Creature Effects"..........which means we build Animatronic characters and robots for use in movies and commercials.? These are "real" characters so to speak, as opposed to computer graphic generated characters.? We've done the dinasaurs of Jurassic Park, the robots in the Terminator movies, and many other things.? We have also done Geoffrey the talking giraffe for Toys 'R Us commercials and the Aflac Duck commercials here in the States, and Norman the talking Panda bear for Knorr Foods commercials for the UK market.
[snapback]148774[/snapback]

NICE! were u ever interviewed like on the Behind the scenes on DVDs or TVs? I remember seeing that on some TV show / DVDs
Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 13 2005, 01:49 PM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Jul 13 2005, 10:43 AM']I'm in "Creature Effects"..........which means we build Animatronic characters and robots for use in movies and commercials.? These are "real" characters so to speak, as opposed to computer graphic generated characters.? We've done the dinasaurs of Jurassic Park, the robots in the Terminator movies, and many other things.? We have also done Geoffrey the talking giraffe for Toys 'R Us commercials and the Aflac Duck commercials here in the States, and Norman the talking Panda bear for Knorr Foods commercials for the UK market.
can you make one for me to detail my car every week and better yet, make one to go to work for me .
[snapback]148778[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would be VERY RICH if I could do that......
Old 07-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Senior Members

i personally think everybody is very rich in this forum...except me :'(.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jul 14 2005, 12:45 PM
Rody, what kind of skillz do you need for that job?? That's what I've always wanted to do!!

What exactly is it that you do?? I mean, do you make the mechanics?? Design them?? Or like do you do the creature design?

I'm like the BIGGEST Terminator fan ever.? I have a large collection of endoskeletons from T1 and T2!!!? If you designed that guy you're my idol!??
[snapback]149146[/snapback]

Our shop is the biggest of it's type so we have people that do everything from the initial sketches and drawings of the character to sculpting, molding, mechanics, electronics and control systems, etc. all the way to actually puppeteering the characters on set. I personally do the electronics/control side of it. There are many very talented people at the shop with various skill types and levels.

I was not in this field when our company did the first two Terminators, as I have been there for only 11 years now. However, I was involved in Terminator 3 and worked heavily on the T1 robots in T3(those were the ones that drove around on tank tracks).

If you'd like to go to our company website you can click here: >>>>>Stan Winston Studio Website<<<<<

If you go to the "Behind the Scenes" tab and then click on "Studio Tour" and then "Electronics" you can see some of the charcters that I have worked on and some of the equipment that I work with. Click on the green arrows next to "Explore Electronics" to see more pictures of the equipment and characters.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 14 2005, 06:27 PM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Jul 13 2005, 01:43 PM']I'm in "Creature Effects"..........which means we build Animatronic characters and robots for use in movies and commercials.? These are "real" characters so to speak, as opposed to computer graphic generated characters.? We've done the dinasaurs of Jurassic Park, the robots in the Terminator movies, and many other things.? We have also done Geoffrey the talking giraffe for Toys 'R Us commercials and the Aflac Duck commercials here in the States, and Norman the talking Panda bear for Knorr Foods commercials for the UK market.

NICE! were u ever interviewed like on the Behind the scenes on DVDs or TVs? I remember seeing that on some TV show / DVDs
[snapback]149246[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have on occasion been in some of the "behind the scenes" or "making of" videos, but have never actually talked on camera. I am not too keen on talking on camera as I get too nervous, I leave that to others.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks pretty cool rody...

Imagine the mods that you could do (or have done) on your car!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d (Jan 2005) premium pack, pro nav, steptronic

IT Director in Europe for a big American Company. Nice company cars !
Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 15 2005, 10:22 AM
i personally think everybody is very rich in this forum...except me :'(.
[snapback]149326[/snapback]
When you sale testicles for research to make a down payment, you are not rich.

Just kidding. My daughter works in a sweat shop. j/k again.

USAF Instructor and student again.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jul 15 2005, 12:46 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Jul 15 2005, 10:22 AM']i personally think everybody is very rich in this forum...except me :'(.
[snapback]149326[/snapback]
When you sale testicles for research to make a down payment, you are not rich.

Just kidding. My daughter works in a sweat shop. j/k again.

USAF Instructor and student again.
[snapback]149431[/snapback]
[/quote]
Alohhalc, if everybody esle is rich except from u, what do u call a broke recent college grad with no job yet and who recently got his license suspended but spends massive amount of time on this website??
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

i don't know we have some "brokers" in this forum .