Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What did you buy today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bubbarossa' post='386168' date='Feb 1 2007, 01:16 PM
LOL, well....it depends. Yes, there are much better drinks out there...but it's normally taken as a shot and usually only once in a night although i have done more at times (can make some folks act a little strange). It tastes, depending on who you ask, like black licorice or Nyquil. This is the only other "drink" i've had it in, a California Surfer....1.5oz. Jager, 1.5oz coconut rum, and 5oz. pineapple juice.
I hate licorice and I think is only popular outside Asia as I was given one of those candy when I was a kid when I was in Canada the first time, I took it and split it out the moment the guy who gave me that candy walk away :thumbsdown:
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Members

Today I bought a laptop case for my 17" Macbook Pro. Best damn computer I have bought in my life

I will never ever buy another windows machine again...lol
Old 02-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='386504' date='Feb 2 2007, 01:03 PM
Today I bought a laptop case for my 17" Macbook Pro. Best damn computer I have bought in my life

I will never ever buy another windows machine again...lol
mac is a PC now so mac OS is Windows, just looks better and alot more stable cos mac only use 1 make hardware which can not be upgrade like PC so you need to buy a new mac if a diplaycard is outdated in 6 months time haha
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i stock. 2000 Jeep Wrangler non-stock =)

Originally Posted by sese' post='380066' date='Jan 18 2007, 07:32 AM
Nothing special

Sadly, I just broke down and bought it a couple hours ago. Not too bad so far, though i haven't done too much yet.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bubbarossa' post='386532' date='Feb 2 2007, 02:16 PM
Sadly, I just broke down
what do you mean broke down
your e60 stop running
Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='386516' date='Feb 2 2007, 12:29 AM
mac is a PC now so mac OS is Windows, just looks better and alot more stable cos mac only use 1 make hardware which can not be upgrade like PC so you need to buy a new mac if a diplaycard is outdated in 6 months time haha
Ummm...lol...sorry my friend but I think you're mistaking the OS for the Intel chips. Macs are running the Intel processors now, which have nothing to do with the OS. The Mac OS is Unix based while Windows is DOS, it has always been that way and it still is. So saying Mac is now Windows is like saying an apple is now an orange

As for the display card or other hardware on the Mac, there's no need to replace anything for a very long time. Mac hardware holds very well for years to come.

Besides, the way I see it, Macs are the BMW's of computers

Anyway...Mac or Windows...to each his own.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i stock. 2000 Jeep Wrangler non-stock =)

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='386533' date='Feb 1 2007, 10:21 PM
what do you mean broke down
your e60 stop running
Heh heh, nope, bimmer is fine. I was trying my best to not get sucked into playing WoW again, but i bought the Burning Crusade this evening, the expansion for World of Warcraft.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='386556' date='Feb 2 2007, 03:59 PM
Ummm...lol...sorry my friend but I think you're mistaking the OS for the Intel chips. Macs are running the Intel processors now, which have nothing to do with the OS. The Mac OS is Unix based while Windows is DOS, it has always been that way and it still is. So saying Mac is now Windows is like saying an apple is now an orange

As for the display card or other hardware on the Mac, there's no need to replace anything for a very long time. Mac hardware holds very well for years to come.

Besides, the way I see it, Macs are the BMW's of computers

Anyway...Mac or Windows...to each his own.
I used to be a mac man doing 2D before I moved to 3D
o sorry what I mean is both OS are the same as in working around the meun. same funtion. but I must say the mac OS is much more stayable, windows is crap.
Mac is only good for 2 things I think,
1. design and looks
2. 2D graphic

there are many things not for with a mac and that is
1. ripoff for the speed
2. can not do good 3D graphic, that is why the display card will never have to be upgraded, only good for 2D only.
3. can not play BF2 or CSS no good for gaming.

Many home users buy mac is good cos nothing can go wrong with a mac, unlike a PC.
but PC is much more powerfull. thats why loads of bug
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bubbarossa' post='386557' date='Feb 2 2007, 04:06 PM
Heh heh, nope, bimmer is fine. I was trying my best to not get sucked into playing WoW again, but i bought the Burning Crusade this evening, the expansion for World of Warcraft.
haha WoW is like a drug once you start you can not stop.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='386558' date='Feb 2 2007, 03:21 AM
Mac is only good for 2 things I think,
1. design and looks
2. 2D graphic

there are many things not for with a mac and that is
1. ripoff for the speed
2. can not do good 3D graphic, that is why the display card will never have to be upgraded, only good for 2D only.
3. can not play BF2 or CSS no good for gaming.
Well, I use to be a PC user most of my life, doing both 2D and 3D and web design. After years of extreme headaches, pain and waste of time and money with both the hardware and OS, I finally moved to the Mac. Although I've owned my Mac for a short time now, I have been a lot more productive. No more wasting time with hardware incompatibility, viruses, and constant windows crashes.

Even if the PC hardware has faster render engines(which I doubt because I am still using Maya and Zbrush on my Mac and have not noticed a difference since both my PC and Mac have almost the same hardware specs), I get a lot more work done on the Mac because I don't have the problems that I use to with PC.

I'm not much a game player so I can't judge either in that department. But in my personal experience my Mac has been a breath of fresh air. I only wish I had switched sooner, would've spent a lot less time and money.

But like I said, to each his own. Use what works for you

Take care

Quick Reply: What did you buy today?