Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What car did you learn to drive in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1976 mitsubishi lancer, baby!
(philippines, circa early 80's)
actually, this was a pretty zippy car. can reach 140kph easily.

What car did you learn to drive in?-lancer_2_1975.jpg
Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I learned in a 1995 C280 when i was about 13...Also drove a Town and Country van of our family's to get experience on the larger end vehicles...and my first car...we'll im driving it now ...Let me tell you ive learned to drive well
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Learned on a '72 Toyota Celica GT 5 speed.

First car: '73 (I think) Camaro with a 'Starsky and Hutch' stripe!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

dear all,

i think it's a very interesting and perfect topic for me to share a little of my background. i learned to drive when i was 10 and it was a rolls royce silver spur. the car was a little too big but it was ok. i just jumped to a porsche slantnose. i have to admit i'm a very picky person. i didn't really like the porsche's style, then i went to the garage for the lambo countach. anyway, i kept changing and i lost count already. oh, one last thing, my first car...i should say my first group of cars are porsche, lambo, ferrari, aston martin, maserati, rolls royce, bentley, mercedes, bmw and many more.

regards,

johd
Old 01-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='222603' date='Jan 11 2006, 04:14 AM
dear all,

i think it's a very interesting and perfect topic for me to share a little of my background. i learned to drive when i was 10 and it was a rolls royce silver spur. the car was a little too big but it was ok. i just jumped to a porsche slantnose. i have to admit i'm a very picky person. i didn't really like the porsche's style, then i went to the garage for the lambo countach. anyway, i kept changing and i lost count already. oh, one last thing, my first car...i should say my first group of cars are porsche, lambo, ferrari, aston martin, maserati, rolls royce, bentley, mercedes, bmw and many more.

regards,

johd

Old 01-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='222603' date='Jan 11 2006, 05:14 AM
dear all,

regards,

johd
Pretty good imitation
Old 01-11-2006, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I responded in the original "daughter" post of tachyon. But a little more here. I learned in a '47 Ford pickup that was the errand runner on my Grandpa's dairy farm. I started when about 11 and I could actually get out on the roads in the local area. We commuted between the "town" house and the farm, a distance of 25 miles one way in Grandpa's '49 Plymouth. Part of the way we were on paved roads that had actually had a center stripe. My Grandpa put that center stripe right between his eyes and it was always a thrill ( ) coming up over the many hills we traversed between the two locations. Every once in awhile we met another vehicle but most often they might have been a horse drawn plow or harrow. When I got my permit at 14 I was pretty skilled on the roads we traveled, but my first foray on a bridge was quite a trip. Apparently I tried to compensate for my Grandpa?s habit of taking his half out of the middle and I decided the best place to be was to place the chrome bumpers up against the right hand side and see how many sparks would fly. Mighty long bridge too, over five miles and I never came off the side on that first trip. I checked the bumpers as soon as I got off and lo and behold a lot of chrome was missing. On the return trip I managed to only hit the right side of the bridge for a couple hundred feet. I believe I have improved since then.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

I learned to drive in a 1997 Nissan Micra 1 litre - phear the power!

--------------------------

First car: 1987 Rover 216 (Written off after high speed manouver)
Second Car: 1987 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 - beauty.
Third Car: 1984 VW Golf Driver - awesome.
Fourth Car: 1986 Renault 5 GTL - the best car in the world, ever.
Fifth Car: 2001 VW Golf GTI Turbo with Revo map and Forge DV - black beauty.
Sixth Car: 2003 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - sorely missed - "The Mistress"
Seventh Car: 2005 BMW E60 530da Sport - "The Wife"

Old 01-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Members

Really honed my driving skills on a e34 1995 525 auto. Great car to learn to drive in, steering / brakes / suspension where the best (bone stock)
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

When I was 10 in my father's farm:

What car did you learn to drive in?-img.jpg

DTC, SMG and SPORT SEATS. I missed the I-Drive.

Quick Reply: What car did you learn to drive in?