Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

V's thought of the day

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Interestingly enough, all dictatorships start with some sort of socialization and a general social trend toward "helping the little guy", who always seems to be in some kind of trouble. Usually, due to the "selfish actions" of the big bad rich guy or group thereof. Wealth is made to be something to be ashamed off and "charitable" donations are considered a "must" - "share what you've been so fortunate to have!" - never mind that it took the real wealth an incredible amount of mental, moral and physical effort to accumulate. Never mind that the able are fired, while those with best "office politics" get raises.

It starts with socializing the system and preparing the minds of the general public and then some sort of "enemy" emerges - internal and/or external - and no means are too great in eliminating this "enemy". All the while, people that see through it all are either shot or dismissed and laughed at (or both). So you can try to ignore this, but if you think about it in the framework of history (Hitler, Lenin and then Stalin, Saddam - you can evaluate just about ANY tyrant with aspirations of world domination there, really), you might get scared.

Look, just because I'm paranoid, does not mean that no one is watching me, alright?

I'll leave with this to ponder as the employment data is about to hit the newswires in a few minutes...
Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='968364' date='Aug 7 2009, 08:28 AM
Interestingly enough, all dictatorships start with some sort of socialization and a general social trend toward "helping the little guy", who always seems to be in some kind of trouble. Usually, due to the "selfish actions" of the big bad rich guy or group thereof. Wealth is made to be something to be ashamed off and "charitable" donations are considered a "must" - "share what you've been so fortunate to have!" - never mind that it took the real wealth an incredible amount of mental, moral and physical effort to accumulate. Never mind that the able are fired, while those with best "office politics" get raises.

It starts with socializing the system and preparing the minds of the general public and then some sort of "enemy" emerges - internal and/or external - and no means are too great in eliminating this "enemy". All the while, people that see through it all are either shot or dismissed and laughed at (or both). So you can try to ignore this, but if you think about it in the framework of history (Hitler, Lenin and then Stalin, Saddam - you can evaluate just about ANY tyrant with aspirations of world domination there, really), you might get scared.

Look, just because I'm paranoid, does not mean that no one is watching me, alright?

I'll leave with this to ponder as the employment data is about to hit the newswires in a few minutes...
Interesting thoughts to ponder.

And Calton calls me the essayist of 5series.net????? I think the title has been transferred.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

hey Vlad did you smoke something?
Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Vlad, good point, I hadn't noticed the correlation of "helping the little guy" and dictatorships before..........and I am a history buff. Interesting thoguhts.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by melimel' post='968386' date='Aug 7 2009, 07:22 AM
Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by melimel' post='968386' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:22 AM
see? "they" are trying to discredit me already!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

It's all bullshit, every form of government was designed to eventually fail anyways enjoy the ride!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='969536' date='Aug 8 2009, 09:35 AM
see? "they" are trying to discredit me already!
I didn't know Mel was one of the "they" hmm good to know.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

V shared some things to think on.

But damn! we need to can the concept of ?fortunate?or ?less fortunate? when dealing with peoples? status in life. This is another code word of the left.

We hear about the ?less fortunate? when referring to the poor. Poor people (not all) are poor because they do things that make them poor or keep them poor. The wealthy (not all) are wealthy because they do things that create and sustain their wealth.

Dick Gephardt enjoyed using the phrase, ?Won Life?s Lottery? when referring to prosperous people. That is Missouri style BullS#it! And a damned insult for those who have worked for their status in life.

With some, very few, exceptions, one?s status in life is the result of the sum of the decisions he/she has made in their life. Rarely is it the result of winning a freaking lottery.

Fortune or luck has little or nothing to do with it.

IMHO, sixcard
Old 08-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

what no pics?

Quick Reply: V's thought of the day