Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Visit to Mexico W/2 RPI M5s, Mustang Cobra, Lotus Epirit v8 TT, &

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by joe@raceprecision' post='804389' date='Feb 28 2009, 09:58 PM
Supposedly, he's making 390 rwhp on a DJ. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showp...amp;postcount=1

If one the vids, the one with my 535 vs the RPI stage 1 M5 with the M button de activated, the lotus blow by us like we were standing still. But on the runs against Todd's stage II the RPI M5 won pretty consistantly.
Old 03-01-2009 | 12:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='804631' date='Mar 1 2009, 11:07 AM
If one the vids, the one with my 535 vs the RPI stage 1 M5 with the M button de activated, the lotus blow by us like we were standing still. But on the runs against Todd's stage II the RPI M5 won pretty consistantly.

I was thinking yesterday, that a sick race would be my RPI stage 1 M5(me driving of course) AGAINST THE LOTUS. When I was driving Todd's stage 2 M5, The Lotus was put down by at least 6 car lengths, AND THAT IS WITH A STOCK ECU TUNE!!!! When he eventually gets the tune, it will be even worse.

The Cobra was impressively fast, much fater than the Lotus. Todd's car consistently put him down by 2-3 lenghths. I know eveyone at the meet was like, why is that Mustang here, but it would have put away most of the cars there. I really wanted to see it dyno.
Old 03-01-2009 | 02:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='804732' date='Mar 1 2009, 01:33 PM
I was thinking yesterday, that a sick race would be my RPI stage 1 M5(me driving of course) AGAINST THE LOTUS. When I was driving Todd's stage 2 M5, The Lotus was put down by at least 6 car lengths, AND THAT IS WITH A STOCK ECU TUNE!!!! When he eventually gets the tune, it will be even worse.

The Cobra was impressively fast, much fater than the Lotus. Todd's car consistently put him down by 2-3 lenghths. I know eveyone at the meet was like, why is that Mustang here, but it would have put away most of the cars there. I really wanted to see it dyno.
I agree the cobra was siiiick. he installed a new tune the night before, too bad he didn't get the dyno. As for the tune, with the powerchip that's going to be so fast!
Old 03-01-2009 | 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 with many mods....

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='804783' date='Mar 1 2009, 03:25 PM
I agree the cobra was siiiick. he installed a new tune the night before, too bad he didn't get the dyno. As for the tune, with the powerchip that's going to be so fast!
Guys -- Do the performance mods FIRST !!! And go to the right place, the ONLY place to take your BMW....RPi
I had the aFe intake and the Meisterschaft stage 3 exhaust that was actually LOSING HP when it was dyno'd.....all that money, Poof!!! gone......
MPower82 had the same exhaust and it was costing him power too. Learn from us and do it right !

I can't wait for the next Mexico runs.....I probably won't have the tune yet, but everything will be done by the end of March, just in time for MFest.
Old 03-02-2009 | 09:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='804732' date='Mar 1 2009, 05:33 PM

When did this happen? Why haven't the videos been posted of my cobra loosing?

Leo
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobraleo' post='805463' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:55 AM
When did this happen? Why haven't the videos been posted of my cobra loosing?

Leo
joet@raceprecision is loading them now. I admit you beat the stage 2 M5 when the owner was driving it, but not after the owner asked me to drive it. Your car is fast man, the 2 videos you posted on M5board were deceiving and prove facts.

On the first video you posted, I am in the middle in the stage 1 , and you beat me by about 1 or 2 cars. On the second video you posted, which was RPI stage 1, the 535, and you, you got me by about 1 car tops.

Knowing this, anyone on this forum that has seen the stage 2 cars and raced them knows that they can beat a stage 1 by at least 5 car lengths. Without even having to race, I just proved my point.

It's all good though bro, the vids should post up soon.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='804189' date='Feb 28 2009, 05:10 PM
RPI Stage II M5 (RPI Headers, RPI Sections 1. 2. & 3, RPi Oil Cooler, RPi Pulleys)

VS

535i JB3, RPI Scoops, KW V2s, & Dinan Exhaust

RPI M5 Stage II vs. RPI M5 Stage II vs. Leo's Cobra

535i vs Leo's Cobra

535i Vs RPI M5 Stage II (@ 400hp M button not activated)

RPI stage II M5 vs Lotus Espirit V8 Twin Turbo

Hey D,

the M5 with the silver faced wheels is a stage 1. So you first video is actually RPI M5 stage 1 vs 535
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:27 AM
Members

First post on this forum, I'd like to bring my E39 M5 to do some runs (dynoed @ 370whp a few mods ago) but my clutch is slipping in that car.

I posted this response on bimmerforums, I'll post it here too:

David, I think something is up if that M5 is only making 430whp. I was talking to Leo earlier, I might be down on power. In retrospect I should've gone to the dyno! If you check out the video of our run last time me and Leo ran (keeping in mind he was making 10whp more, significantly more TQ and is in a lighter car than the M5) it seems that I've got some power missing.

I've had issues with my throttle cable having slack and not getting full throttle as well as CEL due to the cats being taken off. I had a CEL during the runs, but it didn't feel very sluggish so I ran anyway. (Last time I cleared CEL it showed 48 cat efficiency codes, ECU cuts boost in an attempt to limit damage)

You can see in the other perspective vids the M5 gets a jump everytime because of my wheel spin, I'd rather lose the race than end up getting sideways on the freeway and taking both cars out. The Esprit is really sensitive and it can't take the abuse a lot of other cars can, I have to shift slow and absolutely will not floor it on a turn at 100mph+ because of the imperfections in the road, the suspension is really rough and boost build up is violent, so I don't want to end up in a wall.

The first time I lined up with the M5 we did a 3rd gear run and were dead even and that was without hearing the honks. Every subsequent run was in 2nd gear, the first couple of runs were without hearing honks, the last 2, I did the honking. As soon as boost kicked in I had to fight to keep the car in a straight line with my wheel spin. With NA you can modulate throttle and continue on your way, for me it's power ON or power OFF I had to either let off the throttle or do an early up shift which makes it impossible for me to catch up because I have to build boost again. At any rate, that M5 was fast and sounded great, it was good meeting you guys and hopefully we can do it again soon.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PedM5' post='805500' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:27 AM
First post on this forum, I'd like to bring my E39 M5 to do some runs (dynoed @ 370whp a few mods ago) but my clutch is slipping in that car.

I posted this response on bimmerforums, I'll post it here too:

David, I think something is up if that M5 is only making 430whp. I was talking to Leo earlier, I might be down on power. In retrospect I should've gone to the dyno! If you check out the video of our run last time me and Leo ran (keeping in mind he was making 10whp more, significantly more TQ and is in a lighter car than the M5) it seems that I've got some power missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jr8EyQyaF4

I've had issues with my throttle cable having slack and not getting full throttle as well as CEL due to the cats being taken off. I had a CEL during the runs, but it didn't feel very sluggish so I ran anyway. (Last time I cleared CEL it showed 48 cat efficiency codes, ECU cuts boost in an attempt to limit damage)

You can see in the other perspective vids the M5 gets a jump everytime because of my wheel spin, I'd rather lose the race than end up getting sideways on the freeway and taking both cars out. The Esprit is really sensitive and it can't take the abuse a lot of other cars can, I have to shift slow and absolutely will not floor it on a turn at 100mph+ because of the imperfections in the road, the suspension is really rough and boost build up is violent, so I don't want to end up in a wall.

The first time I lined up with the M5 we did a 3rd gear run and were dead even and that was without hearing the honks. Every subsequent run was in 2nd gear, the first couple of runs were without hearing honks, the last 2, I did the honking. As soon as boost kicked in I had to fight to keep the car in a straight line with my wheel spin. With NA you can modulate throttle and continue on your way, for me it's power ON or power OFF I had to either let off the throttle or do an early up shift which makes it impossible for me to catch up because I have to build boost again. At any rate, that M5 was fast and sounded great, it was good meeting you guys and hopefully we can do it again soon.

Good to meet you also man. The Lotus was sick. Joe will contact you about the next event coming up so you can bring your M5.

in regards to your wheel spin, it is understandable. The stage 2 car also wheel spins on second, and third. You are absolutely right in regards to the throttle modulation. On some of the videos Joe will post up soon, you can actually hear and see both your car and the M5 break loose at the beginning. If you decide to bring your Elise out again, we can give you a half car lead to compensate for your wheel spin. Take care and be safe bro.
Old 03-02-2009 | 10:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='805517' date='Mar 2 2009, 03:39 PM
Good to meet you also man. The Lotus was sick. Joe will contact you about the next event coming up so you can bring your M5.

in regards to your wheel spin, it is understandable. The stage 2 car also wheel spins on second, and third. You are absolutely right in regards to the throttle modulation. On some of the videos Joe will post up soon, you can actually hear and see both your car and the M5 break loose at the beginning. If you decide to bring your Elise out again, we can give you a half car lead to compensate for your wheel spin. Take care and be safe bro.

It's an ESPRIT not an ELISE! lol. I don't want a head start, I'd rather just do 3rd gear runs even if it's at a lower RPM. I've got 6,000 miles on the car and it has the original tires from 2003 on there. Shitty dunlops to begin with, add being hard and old and I have a disaster waiting to happen.

Quick Reply: Visit to Mexico W/2 RPI M5s, Mustang Cobra, Lotus Epirit v8 TT, &