Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US Congress... What a Joke!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior
Smile

Sorry to post another "serious" subject here as I know it inevitably leads to argument and sometimes insult... but in my day to day communications I encounter no diversified group of intelligent peoples capable of having these discussions so....

How does A-Rod using steroids affect... me, you, the war on terror, the state of the economy, tainted peanuts, the survival of domestic auto companies, bank solvency, lending practices, stimulus packages, accounting errors, tax oversights, Ponzi schemes, etc. etc. etc.

I am just as guilty as the next guy because I sit and complain but don't get involved... that is going to change. The above example is why tax programs Do Not Work. They fund the bullshit instead of the real shit.

You pay taxes... they investigate A-Rod. Meanwhile, Madoff steals 50 billion, makes a deal, chills in his penthouse, retrieves assets...where is congress!!!!!!???
Why aren't they grillin this muthafu@#a?

WTF! I love my country, but I am so frustrated!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Contributors

how the hell do you think military members feel?

We actually go off to war for these clowns
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='791715' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:07 PM
how the hell do you think military members feel?

We actually go off to war for these clowns
Old 02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Contributors

the thing is the government is not what you think it is, half of those f&(kers dont even know wtf is going on they getting these nice fat checks in the mail and have no idea how the middle-lower class lives half of those guys have never even been to a low-income neighborhood let alove live in them half of those guys dont even know what they are doing to be honest. and then most of the people fighting the war are lower-middle class people that are convinced in defending the country and the country could care less for them.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

There is a DEFINITE disconnect from the top to the bottom!!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='791837' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:30 PM
There is a DEFINITE disconnect from the top to the bottom!!
We need to quit re-electing these fucks! I don't know if term limits is the answer... but these career politicians are definitely the problem.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Sports, Premium and dynamic packages

I just about quit the entire politician thing, I gave up on everyone...in the end they are out for themselves, very few will make a difference and if so it's minimum...

For me, I learn how to live below my means, do not stretch myself, it's a simple and stress free life; afford the little things that bring you pleasure (like nice European trip or a nice car[E60]...) I trust money in my pocket not in somebody else's hand! This entire 401K disaster set a lot of people back and we all know that it will take years for the market to recover and noticeable return on your $$$$. It is scary these days, I'm just curious, what's in the future for us...
Old 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Screw them all -- politicians don't have a straight bone in them -- all crooked as hell.

I ignore politics and concentrate on three things:

Family
Making money
Cars
Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='791846' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:35 PM
We need to quit re-electing these fucks! I don't know if term limits is the answer... but these career politicians are definitely the problem.
+1Million!!
I like it when they call themselves "public servants", when the majority of them have never worked in or know a thing about the private sector. Christ, a server in a soup kitchen is a true "public servant" and probably preforms the job Gratis.

US Congress... What a Joke!-23w7fyc.jpg
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='791706' date='Feb 12 2009, 08:56 PM
but in my day to day communications I encounter no diversified group of intelligent peoples capable of having these discussions so....
I know you are serious but I hope this helps...........

US Congress... What a Joke!-funny_pictures_congress_monkeys.jpg

Quick Reply: US Congress... What a Joke!