Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

uk burglary common way to steal cars !!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw e60 530dse, full sports grey leather, sat nav, bluetooth, adaptive headlights, adaptive suspension, zenons, chiptuning box, + usual refinements.

Hi guys,
been a while since ive posted as i had my car stolen a month ago. here's how it was done.
The burglars work in teams of five or more, they drive round looking for cars to steal to order, then steal the cars , change all i'd (chassis numbers ) etc, then sell the car on ebay or autotrader.
I actually spotted my car online !!!
Here's the way they broke the lock :
my rear door has what is called a EUROLOCK pic attatched.
If you check out the smallest point in the centre of the barrell where the screw goes in it is around 1/4 of an inch thick !!!!
THE LOCKS ARE CRAP !!!!! THEY COST ?3 ON EBAY AND TAKE 10 SECONDS FOR BURGLARS TO SNAP IN HALF WITH A SPECIAL TOOL CALLED A SNAPPER.
BEWARE IF YOU HAVE PATIO OR PVC DOORS THAT ARE QUITE NEW AS THE CHANCES ARE YOU HAVE THESE FITTED.......
If you havnt yet guessed it, they took my keys and drove the car away from my drive. !!!!!!!!
also,,,,, i have been told that there are lots of these STOLEN cars online so be carefull when buying.
have fun in your lovely e60's.
Dave.
Attached Thumbnails uk burglary common way to steal cars !!!-eurolock.gif  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

How does the "snapper" work again?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by theXman' post='996133' date='Sep 2 2009, 02:54 PM
How does the "snapper" work again?
It twists the cylinder until something breaks. Guess it beats putting a brick through the window!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

The easy way to augment security (and fairly cheap) is to go to Home Depot and have some pipe cut to fit between the sliding door and the door frame. Works for me. They would HAVE to break the glass to gain entry and by that time me and my friend Desert Eagle will be waiting
Old 09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 550

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='996157' date='Sep 2 2009, 01:10 PM
The easy way to augment security (and fairly cheap) is to go to Home Depot and have some pipe cut to fit between the sliding door and the door frame. Works for me. They would HAVE to break the glass to gain entry and by that time me and my friend Desert Eagle will be waiting
nice deagle
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='996157' date='Sep 2 2009, 12:10 PM
Ahaha problem solved
Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Members

He helps, but on a serious note I changed all my locks to anti bump ones when I moved into to stop unexpected visitors.
Attached Thumbnails uk burglary common way to steal cars !!!-dsc00177.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by thefonehomedave' post='996128' date='Sep 2 2009, 02:49 PM
If you havnt yet guessed it, they took my keys and drove the car away from my drive. !!!!!!!!
Where did you leave your car keys for the thieves to find them so easily?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. 3 Thieves broke into my house by actually bumping the PVC Front Door whilst I was in bed. Heard them moving round downstairs, so I run downstairs and chased them out. I think the sight of me in just my boxer shorts scared them.

They did not get my BMW keys as I always take them upstairs with me, but they did get the keys to my Subaru. I moved the car that morning and had the locks changed.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Idgam,

You were brave mate, they could have been armed. Glad to scared them off and they left empty handed, we should be allowed to have guns in this country especially when you read some of the stories in the papers.

I sleep with a baseball bat next to my bed plus I have 3 large dogs in the hallway for good measure. Personally i would prefer to have a Glock than a baseball bat next to my bed. You americans are lucky you are allowed to defend yourselves, our country sends you to prison if you hurt the perp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: uk burglary common way to steal cars !!!