Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Ugliest Car Competition

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006 | 10:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Don't get too smug. Just remember that when BMW was doing this...

Ugliest Car Competition-bmwisettabubble1956_00.jpg

Citroen was doing this

Ugliest Car Competition-sprtds01.jpg

Ugliest Car Competition-sport14.jpg
Old 04-29-2006 | 02:38 AM
Senior Members

Citroen C6 isn't ugly enough - we want PROPER UGLY
Old 04-29-2006 | 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Hey... I like the Isetta

The way the Isetta came to be was more of a matter of survival after WWII. Anyway... what kind of body do you want from an Italian refrigerator manufacturer.
Old 04-29-2006 | 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='275624' date='Apr 29 2006, 12:57 PM
Hey... I like the Isetta

The way the Isetta came to be was more of a matter of survival after WWII. Anyway... what kind of body do you want from an Italian refrigerator manufacturer.
If any one posts that they like the DAX I'm calling the cops

Oh ... and the JA JA BINKS thing - spot on - clearly separated at birth
Old 04-29-2006 | 07:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='274681' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:23 AM
What is YOUR challenger for the world ugliest production car?

ROFL... top this... Okay... it never really made it to production.

If you dare, more photos and information here...

http://www.rexfeatures.com/features/516925/
Old 04-29-2006 | 07:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

That was like half a century ago though

As ImolaRedM said BMW was strugling at that time.I think they didnt have the reputation that they do now.If you were alive at that time i bet you would never say that BMW could compete with MB.

But now most of us think that BMW is way better sometimes than MB.

It is 2006 now and to me that thing looks like one of the future flying transportation means like the Audi in the ''I Robot'' movie or something

I want to see cars not spacecraft

the only good thing i can say about c6 is that it has more technology than my house.

just that

that creature from starwars really looks like the Dax
Old 04-29-2006 | 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

ImolaRed man my eyes

why are you doing this to us?
Old 04-29-2006 | 08:15 PM
Senior Members

My entry into the ugly 'production' car contest...

Check out these 'killer' specs....

Engines
3.8L 90hp/250lb-ft Inline 6
4.2L 95hp/250lb-ft Inline 6
5.0L 125hp/300lb-ft V8

Transmissions
3-speed manual transmission, column shift, optional with overdrive
optional 3-speed floor shift (no OD)
optional 3-speed automatic transmission with torque converter
optional 4-speed manual transmission

Front Suspension
independent suspension, coil spring/shock combination, subframe isolated with rubber bushings, anti-sway bar (optional), rack & pinion steering (optional powered), drum brakes, optional vented discs and powered.

Rear Axle
solid axle, leaf springs, telescopic shock absorbers, drum brakes

Options
Decor package. Power steering. Power windows. Power door locks. Leather interior. Bench seat. Manual or power front disc brakes. AM, AM/FM radio, entertainment system with 8-track tape player. Hidden compartment. Bucket seats. Individual reclining seats. Air conditioning system. Tinted glass, all windows. Rear window defogger. Rear window washer and wiper. Roof rack. Cruise command speed control (automatic transmission only). Adjust-O-Tilt steering column (auto/column shift only). Visibility group. Deluxe electric windshield wipers with intermittent action. Light group. Door vent windows. Sports steering wheel. Wheel discs. Styled road wheels. Aluminium styled wheels. Slot-styled wheels. Extra quiet insulation. Protection group. Bumper nerfing strips. Handling package: heavy-duty springs, shocks and front sway bar. Front sway bar. Vinly roof. Two-tone paint. White-wall tires.

Ugliest Car Competition-yellow.jpg

Heck... I think just about anything from AMC Eagle could make the top 10 list.
Old 04-29-2006 | 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='275678' date='Apr 29 2006, 10:22 AM
That was like half a century ago though

As ImolaRedM said BMW was strugling at that time.I think they didnt have the reputation that they do now.If you were alive at that time i bet you would never say that BMW could compete with MB.

But now most of us think that BMW is way better sometimes than MB.

It is 2006 now and to me that thing looks like one of the future flying transportation means like the Audi in the ''I Robot'' movie or something

I want to see cars not spacecraft

the only good thing i can say about c6 is that it has more technology than my house.

just that
that creature from starwars really looks like the Dax
Yeah sure. Times change. The CX was the last "real" Citroen. After the financial troubles and takeover Citroen was in the doldrums for years. The C4 is now a fine car at the price but I think the C6 is an attempt to recapture some of the old exotic glamour that went with the marque. It looks in many ways like a 21st century copy of the CX. I still have a great deal of respect for the inventive achievements of Citroen back in the "old days". If they had flourished during the seventies and eighties they may may have still been producing some of the worlds great cars.

There is another good thing about the C6 you don't mention. It's well ahead of BMW, and most others, on the NCAP tests both for occupant and pedestrian safety. Not wholly conclusive tests but they are a bit of a black-eye for BMW.[attachment=23128:attachment]

Remember also Citroens have always been good at this.

Ugliest Car Competition-cxr5.jpg

BMW's not so good. Horses for courses. Ugliest Car Competition-1988_citroen_cx_2.jpg

Still looks nice to me, but then I owned one.
Old 04-30-2006 | 10:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E61 525 xiA.

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='274854' date='Apr 27 2006, 02:06 PM
what are you guys talking about ?

havent you seen this?

It is really hard to believe that PSA having spent years and years and years and "a few" euros, finally ends up with a creature called C6. I am sure somebody likes it though. But I don't.

Hartsa

Quick Reply: Ugliest Car Competition