Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Typical BMW driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does any of this apply to you?

a) You slow down or even stop to let another fellow BMW 'comrade' pass, but of course if it was a non-BMW driver then you wouldn't give a %@#& & cut them off if you could;

b) You pull up at a set of traffic lights next to another BMW and you exchange glance & nod with the other driver to say in unspoken words "yes my friend, like me, you have made it and you made the right choice";

c) As you cruise along the road, it suddenly dawns on you that you are driving a BMW and that makes you the 'king of the road', so you begin to swear at all other drivers driving & idiots with their non-bmw cars, especially the car in front. Eventually when the car in front has moved, you zoom past it, just to make the point that YOU are driving the 'ultimate driving machine';

d) You pull up to a car park, which is almost empty, but then you spot a BMW and decide to park close to it, even though you had ample of free spaces elsewhere;

e) Having parked the car and on your way, you can't resist looking back - just to make sure everything is still okay and looking good, even though you just parked it few seconds ago;

f) As you walk away from your car, you can put your BMW car keys discreetly tucked away in your pocket, but noooo....you decide to carry it in your hand instead, so you can get everyone's attention on the way (especially that pretty lady in the escalator/lift who seems to notice your 'BMW' asset and likes what she sees);

g) Once you are at your office, you place you BMW car keys strategically on your desk in full view of anyone and everyone who passes, so they know exactly who it belongs to and know that they shouldn't mess with you.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

guilty on A-D

C) I figure another owner wont door ding me lol
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

E only , the rest is a wank ....................
Old 03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

I am guilty of "E" only also, but occasionally "B" applies but without the "you have made it" reference. More of an acknowledgement that we both have the ultimate car....
Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

e and b for me, rest of them what makes other non bmw drivers say F-----N BMW drivers!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport & Premium package with bluetooth, 6 disk cd-Changer, stock 18's dunlop wrapped, leather, adaptive headlights, CPO, See my gallery :DR.I.P...Stock Silver 2004 530i with grey interior, HID,
Model Year: 2005
Engine: M54

haha, all the listed comments apply to me... on a daily basis.. lmao

nah not really but i think we're all guilty of everything listed at least once. after all thats why we bough BMWs and not another brand... right?

good post BizyB
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

I guess then we are hella annoying lol
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Contributors

One E. Other than that, none.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60

Originally Posted by BizyB' post='547038' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:17 PM
Does any of this apply to you?

a) You slow down or even stop to let another fellow BMW 'comrade' pass, but of course if it was a non-BMW driver then you wouldn't give a %@#& & cut them off if you could;

b) You pull up at a set of traffic lights next to another BMW and you exchange glance & nod with the other driver to say in unspoken words "yes my friend, like me, you have made it and you made the right choice";

c) As you cruise along the road, it suddenly dawns on you that you are driving a BMW and that makes you the 'king of the road', so you begin to swear at all other drivers driving & idiots with their non-bmw cars, especially the car in front. Eventually when the car in front has moved, you zoom past it, just to make the point that YOU are driving the 'ultimate driving machine';

d) You pull up to a car park, which is almost empty, but then you spot a BMW and decide to park close to it, even though you had ample of free spaces elsewhere;

e) Having parked the car and on your way, you can't resist looking back - just to make sure everything is still okay and looking good, even though you just parked it few seconds ago;

f) As you walk away from your car, you can put your BMW car keys discreetly tucked away in your pocket, but noooo....you decide to carry it in your hand instead, so you can get everyone's attention on the way (especially that pretty lady in the escalator/lift who seems to notice your 'BMW' asset and likes what she sees);

g) Once you are at your office, you place you BMW car keys strategically on your desk in full view of anyone and everyone who passes, so they know exactly who it belongs to and know that they shouldn't mess with you.
a: no
b: I look, sometimes nod but only if it's an original and well taken-care of one. Not for pimped ones.
c: for different reasons: as I have more power, speed and agility. the way others are driving proves pointless (why brake for turns or why stay behind if you can pass easily) . so they are in my way and that is annoying. doesn't matter what they drive.
d: no. I park where there is less chanc on other's doors hitting mine
e: no, I only check if I didn't forget my phone in the center console again
f: no, no point too: they all look the same (for al types) and even the USB stick looks like the key fob
g: no, I have my fun with the car on the road, not in the office
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

E - of course. You should always say a proper "goodbye, see you soon" so that the car doesn't feel left behind...

Quick Reply: Typical BMW driver