Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Two Sides

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Two sides...

Top Images 2008
Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quite some views but no replies....i wonder why!?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Contributors

lost me when when god and prayer was brought into it.

otherwise, it would have been moving and thought provoking.

all the prayers in the world wont do a damn thing. but regardless of what you believe, it is a shame that people live like that.

...i think this thread has views but not many responses for two reasons:

1. people are too lazy to open a .ppt
2. this would create a discussion that would inevitably lead into religion due to the nature of the presentation. we discuss politics and race freely and maturely on this board (for the most part) but i have yet to see anyone touch religion, and probably rightfully so. people kill eachother over religious views.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dam Riz, you're such a spammer
Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='952666' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:58 AM
Quite some views but no replies....i wonder why!?
WhenI realised it was a ppt and doc file, I chose not to. PDF yes. JPG, yes. Not anything that could potentially bring a virus or macro virus in.

If it was a pray, then great. Prayers do work especially when its for the right thing. Asking God for a lottery win, well might as well ask the devil for that one.

Religion was never in my mind until one day when life hit rock bottom. Thankfully when everything was gone from my life, one person remained,.. Jesus and trust me, if anyone bothers to look their life will change for the better. reason I tend not to comment on atheists or religion is simple. Only those searching are open to receiving. Those not, who don't need guilt in their lifestyle will always be shut.

here is the catch. If there is no god, so be it. We die, we become dust and feed the groud. Nothing lost, nothing gained. However, lets assume our arrogance in life puts us on the wrong track and there is a GOD. What then? We justify our disbelieve on the "stand"? We deny hearing the existance of jesus but chose to go with Darwinism? (no one was around to see that theory too)

For me, I will chose to believe there is a God and lead my life as such. When I die, if I was right, well thats like having a savings in a bank for a rainy day. If I was wrong, heck,... at least those around me would have been treated well and got a sense of what love, kindness and respect is all about.

cheers all. GOD BLESS!!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='952692' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:50 AM
WhenI realised it was a ppt and doc file, I chose not to. PDF yes. JPG, yes. Not anything that could potentially bring a virus or macro virus in.

If it was a pray, then great. Prayers do work especially when its for the right thing. Asking God for a lottery win, well might as well ask the devil for that one.

Religion was never in my mind until one day when life hit rock bottom. Thankfully when everything was gone from my life, one person remained,.. Jesus and trust me, if anyone bothers to look their life will change for the better. reason I tend not to comment on atheists or religion is simple. Only those searching are open to receiving. Those not, who don't need guilt in their lifestyle will always be shut.

here is the catch. If there is no god, so be it. We die, we become dust and feed the groud. Nothing lost, nothing gained. However, lets assume our arrogance in life puts us on the wrong track and there is a GOD. What then? We justify our disbelieve on the "stand"? We deny hearing the existance of jesus but chose to go with Darwinism? (no one was around to see that theory too)

For me, I will chose to believe there is a God and lead my life as such. When I die, if I was right, well thats like having a savings in a bank for a rainy day. If I was wrong, heck,... at least those around me would have been treated well and got a sense of what love, kindness and respect is all about.

cheers all. GOD BLESS!!
that is all assuming your god is the right one. hope you chose wisely

i shouldnt have responded. this is why religion is a bad subject
Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='952670
that is all assuming your god is the right one. hope you chose wisely

i shouldnt have responded. this is why religion is a bad subject
Yes mate... assuming I am right. Its easy to check though. Put everything to the litmus test. The test paper I use? The New Testament. If its rejected (killing, hate, etc..) by the teaching, then it fails the test. If it passes like (kindness, respect, love, etc) then hey... its good!.

Ok normally I don't get involved in these sorts of discussions much like yourself but today I just felt I had to. Consider it my opinion being shared and there is no need to argue about it. I won't judge anyone with different views. was just giving a bit of Jesus to everyone who wants to hear..

All the best guys..

cheers

ps: when you wrote, "i shouldnt have responded. this is why religion is a bad subject", you made me smile.. in a nice way. You sounded like apostle Paul before he became an apostle. Take care friend.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Gold plumbing is so 1960's...........
Old 07-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 (07/03) 530i, Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Sports Package, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenons, euro red reflectors, K/N air filter, Falken 452's

Kind of narcicistic of us to think that if there is a God, he gives a flip about humans, isn't it?
Old 07-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

I like your sig Riz.

But if you look close, the rotor is not turning

sixcard