Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Travel or stay in hotels frequently? You gotta see this!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='511833' date='Dec 30 2007, 06:26 AM
Hehe yep! Seriously though, I think people need to stop and think and put things in to perspective... like I said, there are millions of people in the world who would love to drink from a glass in a hotel that hasn't quite been cleaned properly. That would be a thousand times better than what they have at the moment. Be grateful for what you have!
Although I don't disagree with your premise, I think it's a stretch to shrug off the unsanitary practice exposed in the videos just because there are others who can't or don't have these luxuries available to them. I mean you could pretty much drop that argument on just about anything...

Sure, I'm grateful for what I have but that doesn't mean I have to force myself to do something disgusting just because there are other people on the planet that do more disgusting things that may not be by their individual choice!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Wink

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='511833' date='Dec 30 2007, 12:26 PM
Hehe yep! Seriously though, I think people need to stop and think and put things in to perspective... like I said, there are millions of people in the world who would love to drink from a glass in a hotel that hasn't quite been cleaned properly. That would be a thousand times better than what they have at the moment. Be grateful for what you have!
I'm grateful for driving E60 ... even though it's not perfect, I still love it
Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Angry

As I promised .. a pic of clean Hilton glass. The on duty manager "I will make sure we pay special attention to our maintenance issues and deliver clean glasses to your room"...

Cleaned by towel, with fingerprint inside and outside and some spit or what the hell it is there
Travel or stay in hotels frequently?  You gotta see this!-img_3422.jpg
Old 12-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Paris would be proud.................
Old 12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='511953' date='Dec 30 2007, 08:13 PM
Paris would be proud.................
Paris has Chlamydia
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by hondik' post='511962' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:29 PM
Paris has Chlamydia
Lets hope she wasn't staying at her namesake hotel in Athens lately
4 Seasons next time for sure !
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by hondik' post='511962' date='Dec 30 2007, 08:29 PM
Paris has Chlamydia
I bet you've allready joined the movement!?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Contributors

LOL!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='511833' date='Dec 30 2007, 05:26 AM
Seriously, let's put things into perspective. I don't thing anyone in the world would want to pay what we pay for to stay at a night in a hotel and drink from a stained/dirty glass. Sure, millions of people don't have clean water or even a glass, but if you asked them to paid $100+ per night to stay and drink from the stain/dirty glass, their answer would be "no" like all of us.

The price of the hotel should reflect the service rendered. Put your camcorders to work at your next stay. Yuo might just get to stay for free and some.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='511978' date='Dec 30 2007, 09:18 PM
Seriously, let's put things into perspective. I don't thing anyone in the world would want to pay what we pay for to stay at a night in a hotel and drink from a stained/dirty glass. Sure, millions of people don't have clean water or even a glass, but if you asked them to paid $100+ per night to stay and drink from the stain/dirty glass, their answer would be "no" like all of us.

The price of the hotel should reflect the service rendered. Put your camcorders to work at your next stay. Yuo might just get to stay for free and some.
Yeah you are right - the price per night here is 189EUR .. quite a lot of money (IMHO ). To call the service twice and beg for a towel, to change glasses, sweep the floor and dust is too much even for me and I like people and have a very good degree of understanding.

For now, we got a lower rate (77EUR), free gym and a bottle of white wine. But I have seen gift with apologies at 2 other guest room doors too so we are not the only "lucky" ones here. They got the last warning. If it doesn't get sorted out, I register something like www.dirtyhilton.com and put the stuff online with names and pictures + employ 100 students to spread the word in forums worldwide.

Quick Reply: Travel or stay in hotels frequently? You gotta see this!