Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Toyota is getting ruined by the media!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Toyota Financial Services (who hold the lease on his Prius) is seemingly one of those listed as a secured creditor in his bankruptcy schedule.

There are also (unconfirmed) reports that he's five months behind on his Prius lease...
Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by swajames
Phil - if you haven't had a chance to do so already, take a look at the video I posted here yesterday. It's basically showing how the Prius could easily be shifted into neutral while on the move and also that the brakes could easily have stopped the car.
Wow! how easy was it to bust that myth?.....lazy media will be the death of all of us.......wait till I show this to Mrs.MP, she thinks Prius dude was on the level.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I figure that somewhere in between "uncontrollable, deadly Toyotas" and "Total Media hype" is the truth, and I also figure there is SOME problem with Toyotas right now, but sensationalism still rules the day!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I figure that somewhere in between "uncontrollable, deadly Toyotas" and "Total Media hype" is the truth, and I also figure there is SOME problem with Toyotas right now, but sensationalism still rules the day!
Probably 99% of any issues were because of improperly installed floormats or OEM ones that came loose. The Edmonds video is all common sense. Something that 99% of Americans seem to lack.

I constantly fight problems with the BMW mats sliding around but they'd never cause a stuck throttle.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
Probably 99% of any issues were because of improperly installed floormats or OEM ones that came loose. The Edmonds video is all common sense. Something that 99% of Americans seem to lack.

I constantly fight problems with the BMW mats sliding around but they'd never cause a stuck throttle.
Right, cuz you'd have the sense to pull em away if it ever came to that...

I can't understand how this wouldn't be the first thing people would think! Do they not look down at the throttle when they notice their car accelerating out of control, unintended?? It would be really easy to see that the floor mat is on the gas pedal! As you said, its something "99% of Americans seem to lack."

On a side note, its almost to obvious that there's some kind of "conspiracy" going on consider 6 out of 8 million of the recalls are located in the U.S.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Can't quote everyone right now being as I'm on my phone and extremely lazy

but IMHO I agree with everyone on here, specially V

I also am not a conspirasy theorist altho i find them extremely amusing I do agree with Dznchy, they're blowing it up to sell more domestics, our gov does not care nor feel like we owe Toyota anything

great thread btw

what's up w throwing the car in neutral I remember Swahili u said that it didn't work for some reason a while ago, I could be wrong but that really seems like a no brainer
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

First thing Toyota needs to do is drop their marketing slogan. Don't use "Moving Forward" anymore
Old 03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Ferdie
First thing Toyota needs to do is drop their marketing slogan. Don't use "Moving Forward" anymore
Toyota...Moving Forward...With or Without the Owner's Consent.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

"moving forward".... at an exessive rate of speed
Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by skelevirus
"moving forward".... at an exessive rate of speed
Mine was better

Quick Reply: Toyota is getting ruined by the media!