Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Toyota is getting ruined by the media!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Look what the Fourth Estate (the Media) did with the Swine Flu... On average 36,000 Americans die of the regular flu every year. The Swine flu , in the last year's count, killed 11,000. You'd never guess that given the treatment by the media would you?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by juris335
Look what the Fourth Estate (the Media) did with the Swine Flu... On average 36,000 Americans die of the regular flu every year. The Swine flu , in the last year's count, killed 11,000. You'd never guess that given the treatment by the media would you?
No doubt it's blown out of proportion..
Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Back to business. About that supposedly runaway Prius...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/video-to...on-claims.html

As I said when this "story" first broke, I believe it is most probably a hoax or a publicity stunt. The brakes on the Prius will easily overcome full throttle, just as they do on just about any car, and it is perfectly possible to shift the car into neutral while driving...
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

The media's probably doing all this in an effort to help boost american car sales (or somebody's paying them to...). All of this drama seems forced, in that all of a sudden, there are 8 million cars recalled when there is only about 60 (? give or take) actual reports of unintended acceleration. I saw this Prius driver talking about his "experience" on the TV and it did not look like he was even a little shaken by the experience. Probably just wanted to avoid a speeding ticket, as mentioned before.

That video is just some more evidence that something is up.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

New World Order is rigging Priuses to kill off all the environmentalists so that they can build a nuclear plant on every city block and make diesels "dirty" again
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by danzanchy
The media's probably doing all this in an effort to help boost american car sales (or somebody's paying them to...). All of this drama seems forced, in that all of a sudden, there are 8 million cars recalled when there is only about 60 (? give or take) actual reports of unintended acceleration. I saw this Prius driver talking about his "experience" on the TV and it did not look like he was even a little shaken by the experience. Probably just wanted to avoid a speeding ticket, as mentioned before.

That video is just some more evidence that something is up.
Dude, you're on the right track. Follow the money and you'll know the truth. Who bailed out the auto industry and how? What was media's role in convincing the American public... all of this, sadly, matters so little, however. Our problems are a LOT bigger than this, yet the ignorance is definitely outpacing the knowledge - of which there is practically none left... basically, its either time to put a 12 gauge in your mouth or just join the idiots and go dancing. I choose dancing

All IMHO of course

I was watching this Democratic propaganda yesterday - Right America Feeling Wronged... you should hear some of the shit these guys caught on tape... I mean, I don't personally like Democrats any more than Republicans (not any more, anyway), nor am I an avid Obama supporter or a health care reform freak, but daaaaaym! There are so many people out there who are just... I don't even know. The world I live in does not even have a word for this level of ignorance. In the meantime, these are the people, by who's majority our country is run. And we're worried about some douchebag in a Prius?! Please! Who gives a shit! When Explorers were exploding... argh, who cares... fuck this shit :thumbsdown:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

I suck at dancing.

I'll have to get drunk first.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by danzanchy
I suck at dancing.

I'll have to get drunk first.
There ya go!

This is John Galt speaking...
Old 03-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
There ya go!

This is John Galt speaking...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Contributors

Might be a Tonymac: http://toyotasimulator.com

Quick Reply: Toyota is getting ruined by the media!