Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Top Gear is out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Talking

In this episode:
?Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May decide to buy second hand lorries, despite knowing almost nothing about the world of trucks, and then set about discovering how easy it is to be an HGV driver. Jeremy is also on the test track with a scary Porsche 911, a tame Lamborghini Gallardo and a surprisingly talented Labrador.?
SIARPC: Michael Parkinson
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1970985

Enjoy..
Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

if you have access to a UK based proxy server then everything is available on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ for a week. The reason you need a UK based proxy is because they use IP filtering to only allow viewing of the iplayer from UK based computer networks. I was really frustrated when on a recent business trip I realised this 'feature' - thank goodness my Sky+ box can be programmed remotely.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='710280' date='Nov 3 2008, 06:46 AM
if you have access to a UK based proxy server then everything is available on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ for a week. The reason you need a UK based proxy is because they use IP filtering to only allow viewing of the iplayer from UK based computer networks. I was really frustrated when on a recent business trip I realised this 'feature' - thank goodness my Sky+ box can be programmed remotely.
no good for me then :thumbsdown:
Old 11-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hondik' post='710259' date='Nov 3 2008, 05:56 AM
In this episode:
?Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May decide to buy second hand lorries, despite knowing almost nothing about the world of trucks, and then set about discovering how easy it is to be an HGV driver. Jeremy is also on the test track with a scary Porsche 911, a tame Lamborghini Gallardo and a surprisingly talented Labrador.?
SIARPC: Michael Parkinson
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1970985

Enjoy..
thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

I'd love to find a working uk proxy....
Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='710280
no good for me then :thumbsdown:
Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='710589' date='Nov 2 2008, 11:56 PM
I'd love to find a working uk proxy....
I suppose you guys could either search around for one that's fairly new or sign up for a two-day trial at http://www.brit-domains.com/
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM
JMC
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5, Silverstone II/Black

Clarkson is in trouble for some jokes he made in the show in a segment about trucks. Lots of calls for him to be sacked for being offensive. The way things are going we'll only have middle of the road tosh on our screens for fear of hurting anyone's delicate sensibilities. Honestly I swear some people just like to be offended and outraged.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Who was offended? Bricklayers guild for driving through the wall? Or some holy man for having gear lever up in his ass?

That's his style - he won't change, it can only be worse

Much more funny than TG Australia ...
Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hondik' post='712973' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:57 AM
Who was offended? Bricklayers guild for driving through the wall? Or some holy man for having gear lever up in his ass?

+1 nothing will be better than UK top gear
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 PM
JMC
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5, Silverstone II/Black

Originally Posted by hondik' post='712973' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:57 PM

The references to killing prostitutes is apparently very upsetting for truck drivers (very few of whom actually do this apparently, according to a spokesman), and prostitutes. And really really upsetting to humourless people who get upset about practically anything - plenty of them around unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Top Gear is out!!!