Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Top 3 cars that try to provoke a race out of me…

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

As I?m driving to the office this morning?once again a new STS is riding my ass, I?m cruising about 35mph and accelerate hard up to 70mph he does OK but can?t keep up?he leaves his foot in it and passes me going 80mph or so. That?s OK but then I get thinking about the aforementioned scenario?and start to think that it isn?t all that uncommon (at least the part where someone is trying to provoke me?I usually don?t bite, but sometimes if conditions are right?I play a bit)?I guess I?m sort of asking for it with the M-Kit, Wheels and Exhaust.

It kind of makes me laugh because the 545 is a quick car but it isn't what I would call fast...but it is not supposed to be. Any of us here are in to more than just speed...if it was speed we were concerned about only...we could have all saved some money and purchased a WRX (and done a couple mods)etc...

Having said that?here is my list of top 3 cars that try to get a run out of me?.same for you?

Infiniti FX45
(nice car figure probably the first pseudo fast car the driver has owned and has no concept of how fast their car is relative to others?so just assumes that it?s the fastest thing on the road)

Infiniti G series
(refer to comments on FX45?although the new coupe would give a 545 a run for its money)

Cadillac CTS or now the STS (not v series of either)
(??? Maybe a German Car vs. American car thing??)

There are obviously others?but enough of a pattern has developed over time that I thought I would share this bit of trivial info with all of you.

Ps-not talking street racing here guys?so save the comments?just some safe acceleration?never swerving never any stupid stuff (unless I'm getting video of my exhaust)
Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Yeah I agree with you. here in Boston, I still get quite a number of people driving M45 infinitis purposely coming very close to my rear before swerving and cutting me. I would also like to add another car to your list, the old E39 5 series....particularly the 540....they probably want to see how their bimmer compares to the E60 545....
Old 07-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Yeah I agree with you. here in Boston, I still get quite a number of people driving M45 infinitis purposely coming very close to my rear before swerving and cutting me. I would also like to add another car to your list, the old E39 5 series....particularly the 540....they probably want to see how their bimmer compares to the E60 545....

That's just Boston driving.

In Boston, a redlight is merely a suggestion.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I wouldn't think there are that many people driving these cars that would want to race. Most people I see driving 5 series or STSs may have kids interested in racing cars but aren't much interested themselves, and that's fine with me.

And you don't consider the 545i fast? Most people consider a 0-60 in the low 5's to be fast unless your other car is an Enzo.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

Here in Europe - Audi's and Mercedes - all of them even the diesels
Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

It's usually me that tries to provoke.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

Its funny how this topic just started out. Just yesterday on my drive home at 8:30 PM had a guy in his Nissan 300ZX try to pravoke me to race him. He was behind me really close on an empty highway and then cut me off and then went into the right lane next to me. I had my cruise controll on 75 MPH and then as I would slightly start to pass him he would accelerate and mess around. So i had enough of his bullsh*t and gave him a run for his money. The time was right, conditions were perfect, and had my V1 on....i personally hit 140 MPH as he could not keep up at all.

These guys with their old beat up sports cars crack me up who think they can take on the new e60 (maybe they think its just a SEDAN)
Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Jul 12 2005, 10:53 AM
As I?m driving to the office this morning?once again a new STS is riding my ass, I?m cruising about 35mph and accelerate hard up to 70mph he does OK but can?t keep up?he leaves his foot in it and passes me going 80mph or so. That?s OK but then I get thinking about the aforementioned scenario?and start to think that it isn?t all that uncommon (at least the part where someone is trying to provoke me?I usually don?t bite, but sometimes if conditions are right?I play a bit)?I guess I?m sort of asking for it with the M-Kit, Wheels and Exhaust.

It kind of makes me laugh because the 545 is a quick car but it isn't what I would call fast...but it is not supposed to be. Any of us here are in to more than just speed...if it was speed we were concerned about only...we could have all saved some money and purchased a WRX etc...

Having said that?here is my list of top 3 cars that try to get a run out of me?.same for you?

Infiniti FX45
(nice car figure probably the first pseudo fast car the driver has owned and has no concept of how fast their car is relative to others?so just assumes that it?s the fastest thing on the road)

Infiniti G series
(refer to comments on FX45?although the new coupe would give a 545 a run for its money)

Cadillac CTS or now the STS (not v series of either)
(??? Maybe a German Car vs. American car thing??)

There are obviously others?but enough of a pattern has developed over time that I thought I would share this bit of trivial info with all of you.

Ps-not talking street racing here guys?so save the comments?just some safe acceleration?never swerving never any stupid stuff (unless I'm getting video of my exhaust)
[snapback]148299[/snapback]
First time I've heard the 545 isn't fast. It will dust a WRX on the highway if you're looking for fast. For luxuy sedans in it's price range, not too many cars come close.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

To clarify...yes, yes it's fast...but everything is relative and I'm surrounded by an E55, a couple 997's, a couple crazy late model turbo porsche's and even a skyline oh yeah and a 500hp WRX...I have neighbors that are heavy into cars. I love my 545, it's plenty fast for me...but if speed was my main goal I would be driving something else (and I would be driving it on the track)
Old 07-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Good thing it wasn't an old crappy 97 Supra turbo!

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Jul 12 2005, 02:14 PM
Its funny how this topic just started out.? Just yesterday on my drive home at 8:30 PM had a guy in his Nissan 300ZX? ? try to pravoke me to race him.? He was behind me really close on an empty highway and then cut me off and then went into the right lane next to me.? I had my cruise controll on 75 MPH and then as I would slightly start to pass him he would accelerate and mess around.? So i had enough of his bullsh*t and gave him a run for his money.? The time was right, conditions were perfect, and had my V1 on....i personally hit 140 MPH as he could not keep up at all.

These guys with their old beat up sports cars crack me up who think they can take on the new e60 (maybe they think its just a SEDAN)? ? ?
[snapback]148345[/snapback]

Quick Reply: Top 3 cars that try to provoke a race out of me…