Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Top 10 "F" Word Usage

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Top Ten Times In History when using the "F" word was appropriate

10) "What the *&%# was that?"-Mayor of Hiroshima

9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?"-Custer

8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that."-Einstein

7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!"-Picasso

6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?"-Pythagorus

5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?"-Michaelangelo

4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain."-Joan of Arc

3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my Arse!"-Noah

2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!"-JFK

1) "Aw, c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?"-Bill Clinton

Old 03-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

I'll add one to your list...

1. What the *&%# is that creaking noise coming from your windows - E60 passenger

and thats a quote !
Old 03-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 3 2005, 04:23 PM
I'll add one to your list...

1. What the *&%# is that creaking noise coming from your windows - E60 passenger

and thats a quote !
[snapback]96594[/snapback]

This morning there was reasobably heavy frost on the car and the creaking coming from the back was almost embarrassing. I'm sure passers by could hear it and as the mayor of Hiroshma said - what the &^*k is that. Glad I hadn't got anyone with me. As it melted the noise abated. Can't believe it could be the frost itself cracking on the window. Or the glass bonding to the body. I don't think it was the seats because the rear chairs themselves seemed to be generating a chorus all of their own. Is leather more susceptable to creaking when cold?

Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Its most likely the "felt" door trims - many others have reported this.

It usually starts after you have waxed the car and them comes and goes as the temperature changes (well that's what I get)

Unfortunately when it started for me, it got it on all four doors and I had to pick up one of our VPs from the airport. The guy looked guenuinly worried that the car was about to explode.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 3 2005, 10:10 AM

It usually starts after you have waxed the car and them comes and goes as the temperature changes (well that's what I get)

Unfortunately when it started for me, it got it on all four doors and I had to pick up one of our VPs from the airport. The guy looked guenuinly worried that the car was about to explode.
[snapback]96615[/snapback]
Not to hijack the thread, but that is exactly the problem I had Marty. Have you tried the Rejex yet? I used a good mild dish detergent (used Dawn here in the states) and a very soft cloth, wiping down both the felt and the inside of the door frames (and dried them as well) and it has essentially stopped the creaking. Give that a try, the detergent removes the wax.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 3 2005, 05:10 PM

WOW. In my case, it t appeared to be from the rear window but like all squeeks and rattles, they have a fine ability to adjust to another location when tracking them down. I've never had the car waxed but the drivers door was lightly 'stuck' with the frost this morning and needed a tug to break free. From your previous experiences, maybe it was the other doors creaking with the frost until the frost melted away. I've never experienced it on other cars such as my previous E46 which probably has a silimiar door design and seals.

Cheers.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

[/quote]

WOW. In my case, it t appeared to be from the rear window but like all squeeks and rattles, Cheers.
[snapback]96632[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep - if it is the door seals then the sound is like "squeeks and rattles" for me it sounds like heavy rain on the car
Old 03-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

I have had both - the rear shelf/window creaks and the door creaks. The rear shelf / window appears to be temperature dependant - only present or worse when it is cold. I also get dash creaks when it is very cold. I think the plastic parts are jsut less flexible and therfore rub and creak more in the cold.

The window noices are less temperature dependent.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

well, don't we all see this in our work orders from our dealer?

"no fault found. *&%#ing idiot!"
Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Mar 3 2005, 11:28 PM
well, don't we all see this in our work orders from our dealer?

"no fault found.? *&%#ing idiot!"
[snapback]96754[/snapback]
Dealer: I'm sorry sir, no other car had this before. You're absolutely the first person to complain.

Answer: F&#!*ng moron, you do believe i'm stupid, don't you

Quick Reply: Top 10 "F" Word Usage