Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

I think this is just for US.
Some car you can not get in UK or HK

We love the Chevy HHR Panel. It's way cooler-looking than it's window-clad sibling, and in SS trim it's damn fun to drive, too. The HHR isn't a good first date vehicle, however, because nothing puts up more red flags on a first date than a vehicle without windows.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-01_2009chevyhhepanelss_002aa.jpg

The last generation Scion xB was unique. It wasn't pretty, but showed that its owner walked to his or her own beat. The new, curvier xB lost its Fonzy, as evidenced by the sudden up-tick of 39 year-old MBAs at your local Scion store. Not every date is looking for someone "cool", but the xB provides a double dose of date repellent by also being unappealing to the eye.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-02_xb_1_1280aa.jpg

The Lotus Elise is a hot car that just so happens to be one of the most nimble pieces of transportation on earth, but getting in and out of these things is a challenge at best. You might as well pick up your date in a Jamaican Bobsled. On the bright side, effort-free ingress and egress gives some indication of agility... We don't know exactly what that means, but it could be a good thing.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-03_elise_s_40th_1280_01aa.jpg

Nothing says "My grandfather died and left me his car" like a night out in the Mercury Grand Marquis. It's also tough to have fun when people keep mistaking your love machine for a taxi cab. The Grand Marquis is a real throw-back to the days of RWD body-on-frame sedans, but your date likely won't go out of his or her way to extol the virtues of the Mercury's floating, glassy ride.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-04_mercury_grand_marquisaa.jpg

Nothing says "My grandfather died and left me his Grand Marquis, and my dad wanted to borrow it so I'm stuck with his car" quite like the Ford Taurus. It's big, spacey and devoid of any manner of style. Ford tried to market the Taurus based on its elevated seating position and size of its 22-cubic-foot trunk, but the buying public wasn't impressed. We doubt your date will be all that excited, either.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-05_abgarage_taurus1aa.jpg

The QX56 is huge, guzzles gas and looks like it was designed by a team of drunken Picasso poseurs. Driving a QX56 tells your date that you spend no time picking anything based on aesthetics, which will make your date wonder why you picked him or her to begin with. Unfortunately, if you already own this hulking utility vehicle, there isn't exactly a market for really expensive used SUVs, so you can always date other QX56 owners - if you can find them.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-06_qx56_1280_07aa.jpg

Lets get this straight: we're not knocking this badass truck. It can tow 18,000 pounds and there is little Ford's 19-foot-long hauler can't do at the job site or on the farm. But unless you met your date at a tractor pull or Toby Keith concert, you don't want to show up in a 9/8 scale Bigfoot that can tow Rhode Island.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-07_f_350king_ranch10aa.jpg

Picking up a date in a minivan means you're either very cocky or incredibly uninteresting. Show up at someone's house in a Chevy Uplander and not only are you that guy with that minivan, but you picked the worst possible one.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-08_chevrolet_uplander_aa.jpg

There is nothing wrong with owning a new car at the lower end of the economic spectrum, but the Toyota Yaris looks like an Eastern European clown car. Well, we guess the Yaris would be OK if you were taking your date to the circus, because that way you can tell them it's a themed outing.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-09_1yaris_012aa.jpg

Any time you get behind the wheel of a Ferrari, you're having a good day. The 599 GTB has all the goods: the prancing horse, a 600+ hp V12 and a $300,000 price tag. But it's not for first dates. We know you think we're crazy here, but if you show up with one of the hottest supercars around, the date peaks at "Holy $!%*, nice car!", and has nowhere to go but down.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date-10_y599gtb_hi_06aa.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/26/top-10-...n-a-first-date/
Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Members

haha good find! i try not to take the e60 on and first dates. i like to take my mazda to see what the girl is like. if she seems interested ill bust out the e60. theres too many gold diggers out there!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by silvergray5456spd' post='732541' date='Nov 26 2008, 10:26 PM
theres too many gold diggers out there!
thats for sure. Joe (r1racer) and I had a talk about that before and we both do the same thing. if a girl asks what kind of car we drive, we always say "a bucket" or "just a car nothing special" or something like that. her reaction after tells a lot
Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by silvergray5456spd' post='732541' date='Nov 27 2008, 02:26 PM
haha good find! i try not to take the e60 on and first dates. i like to take my mazda to see what the girl is like. if she seems interested ill bust out the e60. theres too many gold diggers out there!
o yeah that the trick and I think its the best way too.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

I would definitely take a date out with that Ford truck. Well theres a bit of country guy in me...
But I don't mean that there would be cow s..t smelling inside
Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Come on gurl! Hope on my Yaris! No...we are not going to the circus.