Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Tomorrow, my first Century ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011 | 04:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Tomorrow I'm doing my very first Century ride to commemorate the loved ones we've lost to cancer and to help those who are currently battling cancer. I hope you join me in prayer for all the cancer patients and maybe squeeze in a little prayer that I and the other riders don't fall off due to the frigging rain we're expecting. I've already broken two ribs during training, and I def don't want to break any more bones.

To my surprise and delight, the fundraiser went a lot better than expected, but I still think it was mainly pity due to my broken ribs. We'll see next year.

Btw, another forum member will be doing the same ride. I'm not sure if he wants to be identified or not, but it is nice to see that the members here are involved with the community. I just thought about it. We should have asked the mods/owners if they wanted to give us 5 Series forum patches for the shirts since there will be press coverage. Maybe next year....

Thanks for reading this. I'll post an update on Monday.
Old 06-11-2011 | 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport, AS, CWP, Navi, Premium Sound, Bluetooth, iPod Adapter.

Hey Porsche911targa!

Thanks for spreading the word about our ride tomorrow...Bicycles Battling Cancer. It will be my first century as well! Although the forecast predicts rain and scattered thundershowers, I know our thoughts and prayers for all those touched by Cancer will provide the strength and adrenaline to pull us through.

A big congrats to Porsche911targa for being the #1 overall ride fundraiser!!! Fantastic work

5 Series Forum patches are cool idea..maybe next year. I guess we'll see how tomorrow turns out first!

See you at the start line.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2011 | 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by bajanbanker
Hey Porsche911targa!

Thanks for spreading the word about our ride tomorrow...Bicycles Battling Cancer. It will be my first century as well! Although the forecast predicts rain and scattered thundershowers, I know our thoughts and prayers for all those touched by Cancer will provide the strength and adrenaline to pull us through.

A big congrats to Porsche911targa for being the #1 overall ride fundraiser!!! Fantastic work

5 Series Forum patches are cool idea..maybe next year. I guess we'll see how tomorrow turns out first!

See you at the start line.

Thanks
Hey Fellow Rider, It will be a pleasure meeting you and the rest of our team. Congratulations on your own fundraising. Anybody who nearly quadruples the minimum fundraising requirement is worthy of a standing ovation.
See you tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2011 | 06:11 AM
Contributors

Just visited the website Have a successful event!
Old 06-11-2011 | 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Hello fellow enthusiasts,
Tomorrow I'm doing my very first Century ride to commemorate the loved ones we've lost to cancer and to help those who are currently battling cancer.