Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Those iPad sales keep on growing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not worth it... if you pay full price for one. I hope mine comes.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

its only useful for in home use while lounging around drinking a single malt scotch
Old 06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i loaded!

Originally Posted by John Photography
i love my iPad! it's become my digital portfolio i take with me, photos on this thing is amazing! and it's a great way to engage a potential client when they can flip through the images themselves.

Now i have an exucse i'm buying one!! How do you get your pictures on it though? Do you have to link it to a desktop all the time? I am a Nikon shooter and i have CF cards and apple doesn't normaly play nice with CF! I know i know "go read the specs". It would just be nice to see how you work it into your workflow.

Side note: Are there any cool BMW apps out there? (i have been off the apps scene for like 6 months).
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by Defy
Now i have an exucse i'm buying one!! How do you get your pictures on it though? Do you have to link it to a desktop all the time? I am a Nikon shooter and i have CF cards and apple doesn't normaly play nice with CF! I know i know "go read the specs". It would just be nice to see how you work it into your workflow.

Side note: Are there any cool BMW apps out there? (i have been off the apps scene for like 6 months).
there are 3 (or more) ways to import photos to your iPad:
1. use the camera connection kit (with CF card reader if you use CF)
2. iTunes importing photos from your iPhoto
3. Cloud - Dropbox is a great option.

BMW MAGAZINE APP is BEAUTIFUL on the iPad.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by Defy

actually i'm using an iPad/iPhone app to browse and post comments on this forum. (not using the web browser).
Old 06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

S
Originally Posted by lim
its only useful for in home use while lounging around drinking a single malt scotch
Nice. What's your brand??
Old 06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by monsterj34
ipad is soooo useless and basically showing that all you know how to do is spending money on stuff that is basically useless...
I very much disagree. I have the iPad and find it incredibly versatile. When waiting for my daughter at an event I can get on line and do email, browse, read the news, etc.

I have an excellent scientific calculator on it that I use at work. I have lots of great games from challenging 3D puzzles to first person shooter games. It is fully integrated with my system at home for files so I have my iPhoto archives with me which I greatly enjoy. I could go on and on. I really find it to be a great device.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

It's far more than an oversized iPod touch... There are some fantastic games and business apps that were designed specifically for the iPad that would work far less effectively on a smaller screen.

Some of the killer business apps for me:

Citrix - lets me access work email through a virtualized copy of Outlook, accessible right on the iPad, and with the ability to instantly open and edit all MS office attachments and PDF documents.

Webex and Go to Meeting - attend net meetings and presentations via a native iPad client.

Good Reader/Drop Box/Quickoffice Connect - excellent file viewers/readers with wireless document syncing.

Simply put, the iPad is more than capable of being your sole device when you're traveling on business. 1.5lbs of iPad, with its stellar battery life, is far more practical than 6 to 9 lbs of laptop and charger. You don't even need to take the iPad out of your bag at the TSA screening.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

The iPad is incredibly useful, I LOVE MINE. Its nice and portable, you can bring it into a meeting, bring it around the office browsing the web. Entertain myself in slow periods playing a game or two. I'm on the computer all day for work so if I come home I don't want to be in front of a desk or have my laptop out. I can just pick up the ipad and use it, its fast, always works, doesn't slow down.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

My mother is a total computer illiterate -- and entirely unteachable. But she wants internet access. I'm getting her the iPad 3G 16 gb.

Quick Reply: Those iPad sales keep on growing...