Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Telepéage system for French Autoroutes

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

haha, I don't think so. They now where you have passed the toll stations. Maybe if they have the time between two toll stations they can count the average speed but if they if trying to charge you they need a lot more prof. If you high a high average speed it's not likely that you have stopped but with these cars you never now... 260 km/ all the way
Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport
Model Year: 2013

Ok guys, the site that got me onto this is the Lotus 7 Club website - this is the link to the telep?age information. You can't post on the site because it's club members only but it's a hive of really useful information, and can be searched and read by anyone. There's the whole discussion about the various options available, and a few translations from some of the French contributors.
They're a great bunch of folk and there's around twice as many posts about things non-car-related as car related. Also a very trustworthy bunch which gave me the confidence to do a credit-card transaction even on a French site! Or should that be Carte de Credit? If you wander any further into the site though you may find an anorac or 2

Also, there have been instances on the French toll roads of the Police waiting at the exit toll booth to check your ticket and the time taken - there's no ticket issued when using the transponder and I doubt they'd readily access the information in the system, making it possibly less likely that you'd receive a speeding fine Very handy with fines being payable on the spot in France

Stu.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (UK) Bulit: Feb 2004, 520i (M54), 6-Speed Manual, Black leather, Titanium Silver, Bi-Xenon, Headlamp washers, Side rear airbags, Park Distance Control, Aluminium trim, Standard Climate Control, 17" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, Spacesaver Spare wheel, Jack, Dynamic drive, Service Inclusive, Chrome grills, Software version 20.01.00, E60.net Clings, Painted wheel hubs silver

Originally Posted by tonye60' post='271772' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:47 PM
your better than me a french then , i cant figure the site out at all
Great Info,

try this google translated version of the site:
Google Translated SANEF
Old 04-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by Bobbin-Man' post='271807' date='Apr 20 2006, 09:04 PM
Ok guys, the site that got me onto this is the Lotus 7 Club website - this is the link to the telep?age information. You can't post on the site because it's club members only but it's a hive of really useful information, and can be searched and read by anyone. There's the whole discussion about the various options available, and a few translations from some of the French contributors.
They're a great bunch of folk and there's around twice as many posts about things non-car-related as car related. Also a very trustworthy bunch which gave me the confidence to do a credit-card transaction even on a French site! Or should that be Carte de Credit? If you wander any further into the site though you may find an anorac or 2

Also, there have been instances on the French toll roads of the Police waiting at the exit toll booth to check your ticket and the time taken - there's no ticket issued when using the transponder and I doubt they'd readily access the information in the system, making it possibly less likely that you'd receive a speeding fine Very handy with fines being payable on the spot in France

Stu.
Well, as a French user of this system, I can confirm that all what is said here is totally true. And NO, police forces CANNOT charge you by identifying the time between toll stations.
I am still totally amazed that this system works for all foreign counttries ! What a great news !!! Just what Europe stands for, no ????
Old 04-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Just tried to print the pdf document to sign up, but the print is all messed up. Anybody else has this problem?

If not, I guess I need to ask them to fax me the forms
Old 04-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Originally Posted by copello' post='271852' date='Apr 20 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, as a French user of this system, I can confirm that all what is said here is totally true. And NO, police forces CANNOT charge you by identifying the time between toll stations.
I am still totally amazed that this system works for all foreign counttries ! What a great news !!! Just what Europe stands for, no ????

Absolutely correct my friend. That's at least what I think.
Vive la france et l'UE
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by copello' post='271852' date='Apr 20 2006, 09:14 PM
I am still totally amazed that this system works for all foreign counttries!
I'm not sure the system will function outside France, but certainly a non-French resident can register quite simply.

Tommy - I did all the ordering online - fairly simple
Old 04-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

but my favorite destination - the south - is not part of the network :'( :'(
Old 04-20-2006, 01:01 PM
New Members

On the Sanef website it only shows their own roads, being mostly in the north east / Paris region. Admitedly this is the only region I've tried it, but I'm assured it works across most of France, excepting the Mont Blanc and Frejus tunnels. I'm told this by folks who live in other regions of France not shown on the Sanef site
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Senior Members

does anyone know if it works in the south as well

Quick Reply: Telepéage system for French Autoroutes