Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Tata Motors to sponsor Ferrari's F1 team

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I recently heard that TATA is going to be building an extensive dealer network in the USA. The story was that US Auto execs were shocked by how nice the cars they plan to sell are. Yet another wrinkle to the US Automaker crisis... another viable competing product, offered by a stable and solvent entity.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='748356' date='Dec 19 2008, 05:23 AM
Kimi just bought himself a fully loaded Audi Q7 V12 TDI for his "Finland" car.

Not a Tata

But seriously, Tata cars are Land Rover and Jaguar.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='749280' date='Dec 20 2008, 03:14 PM
An estimated two billion viewers watch F1; Waste of money? I don't think so buddy
+1
Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='749280' date='Dec 20 2008, 07:14 AM
An estimated two billion viewers watch F1; Waste of money? I don't think so buddy

Sure, and precisely 5 of them might buy a Tata........... .

Anyways , 2 billion before they went made and created a bunch of stupid new fugly cars with stupid rules

( I was a fan for the past 30+ years btw )
Old 12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='750015' date='Dec 21 2008, 03:42 PM
Sure, and precisely 5 of them might buy a Tata........... .

Anyways , 2 billion before they went made and created a bunch of stupid new fugly cars with stupid rules

( I was a fan for the past 30+ years btw )
Dude I don't know where you get your facts "5 of them might buy a TATA"

FYI
"Tata Motors reported a total sale of 43,576 vehicles (including exports) for the month of August 2008, a decline of 3% compared to 45,132 vehicles sold in August last year. Cumulative sales for the company at 216,038 nos, grew by 1%"

That's just for 2008
Old 12-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Senior Members

Looking at your location I can see why your so protective of Tata, tongue in cheek buddy, tongue in cheek , if you think a little badge on the front of a Ferrari will help sales tho I think your misguided, but thats just my opinion and I wouldnt expect an Indian to share that.........maybe I should rave on about how wonderful Rover was - buhahahahha
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Let me throw some fuel into the fire here although it's not 'my fight' but I can't resist!

Mark, why be pissed at the fact that an Indian company owns two of your country's brands, Jaguar and Land Rover? Who gives a s**t who owns what and where?

Who really cares?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='750309' date='Dec 22 2008, 04:20 AM
Looking at your location I can see why your so protective of Tata, tongue in cheek buddy, tongue in cheek , if you think a little badge on the front of a Ferrari will help sales tho I think your misguided, but thats just my opinion and I wouldnt expect an Indian to share that.........maybe I should rave on about how wonderful Rover was - buhahahahha
Chill with the person attacks dude and stick to facts. Irrespective of where I live you cant contest the fact that putting a TATA sign on the Ferrari F1 cars is a pretty cool marketing move. Also FYI Tata handles distribution and service network for Fiat branded cars in India so they would most likely be also handling Ferrari in India. Excellent strategy on TATAs behalf IMO.

You comment about "how wonderful Rover" and implying that its not wonderfull now that TATA owns it.... geesss dude, they just took over the brands in September and how could you hold them responsible the crap Ford has been doing in the past. Please think before you go on ranting.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

Your taking patriotism to the bounds of stupidity my friend, there has never been a personal attack here from me to you or indeed ANY other member.

Completely taking my posts out of context here, my reference to the Rover gag was that Rover are crap cars ( not land rover or Jaguar ), and I think Tata are crap cars ( the ones they sold in the UK in anycase ), sticking a crap car badge on the front of a super car manufacturers race car wont improve sales, that was my point, and my opinion, and not my expectation for you to share that opinion.

The reference to be me being bothered about Tata owning Jaguar and Landrover, who cares ? I certainly couldn't give a monkeys, the British have not owned those "Brands" for so long nobody thinks of them as British anymore anyways, another misrepresentation of my post and POV.

That's the last I will say in this post because its just becoming silly......
Old 12-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Contributors

Tata Cars pretty crappy to drive but excellent value for money - Tata Badge on F1 Car excellent move IMO. Suchet Over and Out

Quick Reply: Tata Motors to sponsor Ferrari's F1 team