Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"Talk to your doctor about..."

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

How often do you see a commercial where some doctor-looking douchebag is telling you you've got some kind of life-threatening illness and urges you to call your doctor? Often followed a few months/years later by ads by lawyers claiming to be able to get you the settlement you deserve for having taken the medicine that had been advertised and fallen terminally ill from it.

I'm sick of this! Sick!

The one that comes readily to mind is this Yaz birth control shit they peddled, claiming it reduced the number of periods... now women are dying from it and motherfuckers still getting rich off of it.

PAD - is that even a real fucking disease?

I believe medicine should NOT be advertised. It should be illegal.

Maybe I'm alone on this... I hope not.

And how about those ads that target elderly people? The scooter? The life insurance? How can we allow this shit to go on?!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

^ Agreed...
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Do not take this is you are alive or like to breathe. _______ may cause suicidal thoughts and actions. _________ may cause another major Problem that will need another major drug.

They are making a killing killing us!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Completely agree Vlad, most of the time the side effects are worse than what you have in the first place: "Have a slight cough? Take this and it will take care of it (side effects may include: nausea, acne, loss of vision, deafness, inability to control bowels)" WTF??!?! All I had was a friggin cough!! :thumbsdown:

Also: What the fuck is "restless leg syndrome"? Really? this is an issue for you?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I completely agree. They pull so much shit out of their asses, it's fucking ridiculous!

I could rant about shit like this for hours, but since we are on the both page here V, I think we both know what we think.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Contributors

RLS (restless leg syndrome) is a bitch to deal with, my brothers mother in law has it and she says it feels like ants are crawling all over her and biting her legs all the time

i think shes a crazy fuck
Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Contributors

LOL E, you're friggin' priceless, bro! I just had a fight with my girl and was checking this thread thinking "am I gonna get more depressed now?", and instead I saw your comment and LOL'd for a good minute. BTW I'm in my royal office - yes, that one! Polk High #33 FTW!!! LOL

Seriously though, one of my exes had what I think was a "RLS" and she was definitely nuts - I mean, she had to be, to be with me, right?!

Either way, I just feel that advertising any type of medicine is taking advantage of captive audience. And yes, I know what some people would say - I'm like that myself - "just turn the TV off". True. But I feel that the presence and abundance of these commercials is evidence that almost no one does turn off their TV when these things come on.

And yes, Marc, we are certainly on the same page here, bro
Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Completely agree Vlad, most of the time the side effects are worse than what you have in the first place: "Have a slight cough? Take this and it will take care of it (side effects may include: nausea, acne, loss of vision, deafness, inability to control bowels)" WTF??!?! All I had was a friggin cough!! :thumbsdown:

Also: What the fuck is "restless leg syndrome"? Really? this is an issue for you?
And really if you went in with a cough, giving you something that may cause an inability to control your bowels could only be the work of a sick mind.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

I have more than one TV. They all have an on/off switch of some kind. They also have a switch that changes from something I don't like to something I do like.

lol

sixcard
Old 09-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sixcard
I have more than one TV. They all have an on/off switch of some kind. They also have a switch that changes from something I don't like to something I do like.

lol

sixcard
I think we've come to a point, where we're actually mostly programmed to not only keep the TV on when the ads come on, but also to obey what the ads are telling us to do... like buy multiple TVs

Quick Reply: "Talk to your doctor about..."