Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Sorry to the newer members!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, guys/gals, i didn't know a post like this will get so many responses . i know everyone has his/her own opinion. i'm very open and willing to listen both positive and negative ones. i think i owe the members who think the welcome messages that i posted are tiresome an apology. here is a slap for myself [attachment=8787:attachment]. i also want to say thank you to the ones who think i did the right thing [attachment=8788:attachment]. this is the uniqueness of this forum. no one is trying to insult others. just express themselves in a proper manner. this is one of the reasons why i love this forum so much [attachment=8789:attachment]. i agree with everybody, both support and against the welcome message. i think i'll stop posting the welcome message from now on. not because i don't want to welcome the new members and/or try to please anyone. just because i don't want to scare the "old birds" away from this wonderful forum due to some "useless" welcome messages. i'm sure if the new members stick around a little longer will find this is the best bmw forum they could possibly find on earth. anyway, i really appreciate how all of you response to this post [attachment=8790:attachment]. one of the members even pm me saying he/she is not flaming me. don't worry, i know you are not [attachment=8791:attachment]. no matter what, we all have one in common --- we love to drive our car [attachment=8792:attachment]!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:12 AM
? anyway, i really appreciate how all of you response to this post
[snapback]120618[/snapback]
You're welcome...

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Apr 27 2005, 11:33 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Apr 27 2005, 07:12 AM']? anyway, i really appreciate how all of you response to this post
You're welcome...

[snapback]120669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Old 04-27-2005, 03:40 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:52 AM
What is the goal here then? To make every single post interesting to every single member??

[snapback]120286[/snapback]
One goal for many of us is not to become a RoadFly type forum.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 27 2005, 01:52 AM
I think about a year ago, when the forum was just developing into the major force that it is today, welcomes were a big part of the community because we all wanted the people converting from that "other board" to feel welcome and to stay here and spend some time.
That's the reason why we did it.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 27 2005, 01:52 AM
If a newbie posts a question and you have an answer, take pleasure in welcoming him/her then give your answer.? If you don't have anything to offer except for a welcome, it's probably best to simply know that someone else will be doing the welcoming for you when they answer the question.? Hopefully, all of us will take time to notice the post count of these newbies to determine if a welcome is warranted or not.? I'd say a single-digit post count deserves a welcome as long as you can provide assistance to the person in the post as well.

From time to time, people will post just to introduce themselves.? In those cases, welcome away!? It's likely that those threads will be in the lounge (either from the beginning or moved by an admin) so they shouldn't ruffle anyone's feathers there.
[snapback]120496[/snapback]
I totally agree!

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Apr 27 2005, 08:12 AM
wow, guys/gals, i didn't know a post like this will get so many responses .? i know everyone has his/her own opinion.? i'm very open and willing to listen both positive and negative ones.? i think i owe the members who think the welcome messages that i posted are tiresome an apology.? here is a slap for myself [attachment=8787:attachment].? i also want to say thank you to the ones who think i did the right thing [attachment=8788:attachment].? this is the uniqueness of this forum.? no one is trying to insult others.? just express themselves in a proper manner.? this is one of the reasons why i love this forum so much [attachment=8789:attachment].? i agree with everybody, both support and against the welcome message.? i think i'll stop posting the welcome message from now on.? not because i don't want to welcome the new members and/or try to please anyone.? just because i don't want to scare the "old birds" away from this wonderful forum due to some "useless" welcome messages.? i'm sure if the new members stick around a little longer will find this is the best bmw forum they could possibly find on earth.? anyway, i really appreciate how all of you response to this post [attachment=8790:attachment].? one of the members even pm me saying he/she is not flaming me.? don't worry, i know you are not [attachment=8791:attachment].? no matter what, we all have one in common --- we love to drive our car [attachment=8792:attachment]!
I agree!

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Apr 27 2005, 01:40 PM
[quote name='Flowerfred' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:52 AM']What is the goal here then? To make every single post interesting to every single member??

[snapback]120286[/snapback]
One goal for many of us is not to become a RoadFly type forum.
[snapback]120702[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, exactly.
The welcome messages were a big "difference" to the RF board, but our community is so much better than RF, we can still be lightyears better than RRF even without the welcome messages...