Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

small request...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

thank you sleepy.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Contributors

Done!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

thank you amigo.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

well i feel like i could tell a little of the story, so you guys know what i meant for starting this thread. i don't really know why i decided to post and start it, but i just felt like it i guess. well every member of my immediate family has been presented with a health issue, either diagnosed early this year or took another further step with the disease. my mother and i have been the ones taking care of everyone, my mother being really the strongest. as an example of one of the members of my family, my father had open heart surgery in '93, a stroke in '97, and is diabetic, but still going strong up to now.

i learned of this the day after my graduation. my mother, as the doctors said yesterday, had a tumor. there was a solid mass covering her liver. she had surgery on wednesday. the doctor i believe was very good, and highly recommended. we went earlier on wednesday morning because in 1&1/2 hours he was already finished with 2 surgeries. it was done at the same hospital where my mother works as a RN, so she was well-taken cared of by people we know personally.

the surgery went successful and she is just being monitored. im not bragging or anything but my mom is tough. she doesn't even use the morphine at various times for the pain. it just hurts seeing a parent, especially yours, in so much pain. the nurses and doctors were cracking jokes about how they should make an instructional video for other patients on how to do what you can when you can while in the hospital. since yesterday, my mother refuses to stay in bed during the day, always sitting in a chair. she was able to socialize with all the visitors as well. today, she pushed herself to walk a little bit without any of the nurses or doctors asking her if she is up to it. they said she will most probably be able to go hom during the weekend.

i'm only home during the day to watch my dad while i bring him home since he spends the nights there. and at nights i am home to watch over my grandparents. all the other times im there at the hospital. what i've been doing in the last couple of days running around while doing errands for the family has only been a little taste of what my mother has been doing for how many years. she would work 3 or 4 nights a week, the other nights she doesn't sleep because she is used to working, get 2 - 5 hours of sleep during the day, and run errands the rest of the time she has while still having time for all of us, plus some weekends just to relax a little bit. i just go on the forums to kill time and to get my mind off of some other things. i just want to thank you guys for the prayers and the support, along with the continuing support from family and friends. a special thanks to ro11dice, mark, who up to now has been comforting me with support through PM's. thank you.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

There comes a time when the child becomes the parent. We then realize what some of our parents/grandparents went through. We wonder how they did it, caring for everyone in the household, working, cooking, trips to and from the doctor, etc. Well, then it is our turn and we just do it. Keep the faith and the best to you and your family.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nerweezy, I feel your pain, as my father has a kidney tumor too, and we are on surgical treadment during the last 3 months.

You got my prayers and also my wishes for the best outcome.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor

thank you jtp, and thank you nick.

well after today, only change is that my mother will be undergoing radiation therapy. regards to everyone and their families.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

+1. All the best.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor

thank you rollee.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

My hopes and prayers are with you and your family

Quick Reply: small request...