Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Sitting on the side of the road

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Oh get a room already you two!!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='975373' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:58 PM
You got it wrong - I wasn't trying to coax anger or challenge your manliness. Talk is cheap, especially when its not face to face.

I said what I said because I didn't see any humor in what you did, happy ending or not. That's my opinion, and everyone here knows the story about opinions.......
i didnt see humor in it originally, but i am pretty light hearted. i try to make the best of a bad situation. believe me, i sure didnt think it was funny when the cops were there. You know, i think the picture taking was my way of passively getting back at him for getting to push me twice. the punch i can forgive, he missed and looked pretty goofy doing it. i was NOT gonna even push him back.

I dont think i weasled my way out of anything though. I think that HE screwed himself if he really wanted to get me good. the ultimate win for him would be for him to see my car get put on a flat bed and me taken away in hand cuffs. the minute he assualted me he lost that opportunity. I knew i was wrong right off the bat, and i also knew the minute he pushed me and i kept my cool, it gave me some breathing room for when the cops came. I never once lied to the police, I EVEN told the police i took pictures to antoginze him and that is what prompted the second push and the attempted punch.

I dont condone this behavior, and i am embarrased about how i reacted when i got brake checked. in all fairness, he was taking off extremely slow from what was already a sitting green light. the person behind me even beeped. not that i am trying to justify "tailgating" but it may put how the situation started into perspective a little bit.

If i was really a hot tempered maniac that needed an attitude adjustment, i probably would have left in a cop car today and he would have left in an ambulance. i knew the second i retailiated physically i would completely screw myself, but more then that, this guy didnt really deserve the beat down i could have administered. i am proud of myself that a culmination of my military training and thousands of hours in the gym didnt find its way to an unsuspecting older gentleman today, and after all, i did throw the drink at his car. If he didnt push me, i actually would have given him 20 bucks to get his car cleaned.

I didnt feel i needed to explain or defend myself to you. I didnt write this post with that intent. I wanted to provide some insight as to how the situation started and how i really feel about it in case anyone was wondering.

before i snapped the photos, i did attempt to talk to the man and try to deescalate. he was just cursing and name calling, he even called the cops "assholes" to the 911 operator he was a little off his rocker, and i am sure if he had a gun in the car i would not be writing this right now.

all of this said, it was a crappy situation, but it is over. I know how i feel about it, so now i am poking some fun at the situtation. at the end of the day i am still a good guy that made a mistake, but life shouldnt be so serious, and if i can make people laugh by posting funny pics of the guy or writing a thread about it, then so be it. surely my intent was never to insult or infuriate anyone. BTW, i did tell this man i was going to blog about it and post pic. this will have to be close enough to a blog.

thanks for reading. cheers.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='975421' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:47 PM
i didnt see humor in it originally, but i am pretty light hearted. i try to make the best of a bad situation. believe me, i sure didnt think it was funny when the cops were there. You know, i think the picture taking was my way of passively getting back at him for getting to push me twice. the punch i can forgive, he missed and looked pretty goofy doing it. i was NOT gonna even push him back.

I dont think i weasled my way out of anything though. I think that HE screwed himself if he really wanted to get me good. the ultimate win for him would be for him to see my car get put on a flat bed and me taken away in hand cuffs. the minute he assualted me he lost that opportunity. I knew i was wrong right off the bat, and i also knew the minute he pushed me and i kept my cool, it gave me some breathing room for when the cops came. I never once lied to the police, I EVEN told the police i took pictures to antoginze him and that is what prompted the second push and the attempted punch.

I dont condone this behavior, and i am embarrased about how i reacted when i got brake checked. in all fairness, he was taking off extremely slow from what was already a sitting green light. the person behind me even beeped. not that i am trying to justify "tailgating" but it may put how the situation started into perspective a little bit.

If i was really a hot tempered maniac that needed an attitude adjustment, i probably would have left in a cop car today and he would have left in an ambulance. i knew the second i retailiated physically i would completely screw myself, but more then that, this guy didnt really deserve the beat down i could have administered. i am proud of myself that a culmination of my military training and thousands of hours in the gym didnt find its way to an unsuspecting older gentleman today, and after all, i did throw the drink at his car. If he didnt push me, i actually would have given him 20 bucks to get his car cleaned.

I didnt feel i needed to explain or defend myself to you. I didnt write this post with that intent. I wanted to provide some insight as to how the situation started and how i really feel about it in case anyone was wondering.

before i snapped the photos, i did attempt to talk to the man and try to deescalate. he was just cursing and name calling, he even called the cops "assholes" to the 911 operator he was a little off his rocker, and i am sure if he had a gun in the car i would not be writing this right now.

all of this said, it was a crappy situation, but it is over. I know how i feel about it, so now i am poking some fun at the situtation. at the end of the day i am still a good guy that made a mistake, but life shouldnt be so serious, and if i can make people laugh by posting funny pics of the guy or writing a thread about it, then so be it. surely my intent was never to insult or infuriate anyone. BTW, i did tell this man i was going to blog about it and post pic. this will have to be close enough to a blog.

thanks for reading. cheers.
I knew there would be popcorn involved!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

i thought the fight was on the side of the road??!!! j/k
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

The only thing I would chastise Craig about: How the hell do you throw an $8 smoothie at someone? Don't you have anything cheaper in your car? Geez, if I did that my wife would say "what?!?!?! You threw away a perfectly good smoothie?!?! What the hell's the matter with you!!! And it cost $8?!?!!?"
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Good post, Craig. You made a mistake but handled it well. It could have been A LOT worse, e.g., the guys has a gun.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='975452' date='Aug 13 2009, 05:04 PM
The only thing I would chastise Craig about: How the hell do you throw an $8 smoothie at someone? Don't you have anything cheaper in your car? Geez, if I did that my wife would say "what?!?!?! You threw away a perfectly good smoothie?!?! What the hell's the matter with you!!! And it cost $8?!?!!?"

haha. this was COMPLETELY not premeditated. i do remember watching the smoothie hit his car dead on and exploding as i was thinking "FUCK! I WANTED THAT!"

i had a gallon jug of water on the back pass floor. it cost 1.29... shoulda thrown that
Old 08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='975452' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:04 PM
lesson learned at least finish the smoothie half way!! then throw it
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='975456' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:06 PM
haha. this was COMPLETELY not premeditated. i do remember watching the smoothie hit his car dead on and exploding as i was thinking "FUCK! I WANTED THAT!"

i had a gallon jug of water on the back pass floor. it cost 1.29... shoulda thrown that
Yeah, well I hope you learned your lesson young man!! NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS, go home and write that 100 times
Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='975465' date='Aug 13 2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, well I hope you learned your lesson young man!! NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS, go home and write that 100 times
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS
NO MORE SMOOTHIE BOMBS