Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

see how it feels

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, jet black/black dakota, sport package, steptronic, L7, comfort access, rear sunshade, front heated seats, navigation, satellite radio also have 2006 Dodge Sprinter

bmw's new catch line---"See How It Feels." what a shame. the ultimate driving machine. now that's a slogan. and something that bmw needs to remember. instead, it looks like they are heading toward suv's and milf "sportvans." :thumbsdown:

anyway here is a link to autoblog with the video.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/14/video-b...paign-launches/

like one of the people that commented said "tune down the effects and throw in rock music and it could be a pontiac commercial."
Old 02-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOOOOOOOOL
"maybe this is how you will feel to drive a BMW when stoned."

Anyway, the slogan sounds indeed cheap but in a way in an instant it rang a bell. Other than this ideea i can't find it any more usefull.
Check this: Many people around the world have misconceptions about BMWs and BMW drivers. I have some friends who think that bmw drivers are just too arogant and full of grandomany and that for most of the bmw drivers there is no other brand in the world that deserves attention. And this in turn attracts much hate. I personally have a friend that said to me in a friendly discussion that he even thinks of starting an anti-bmw forum. Althogh i think he doesn't have anything personal with me, his way of thinking is exactly as i mentioned above.

Having said this it is true that there are people that got so infected by the bmw virus that think of bmw as the best brand. I am one of them. Now the thing is, i explained for him aswell, that i'm not that stupid to say such a thing without an explanation. I consider bmw to be the best because now i cannot afford a Porsche or whatever super-exotic, and i have to settle for more "common" brands like bmw, audi, mercedes and so on. And among these brands i find bmw the best because it 100% identifies with what i search in a car: RWD, nicely tuned chassis, sharp steering and a good weight distribution etc. The same thing i can't find in an Audi, Lexus or a Mercedes. Not to mention that beauty is another factor.

Indeed some bmw owners are that arogan that they are not willing to admit there is anything better out there, yet they drive a 316i. Those who literally say that are sorry to say it: idiots.

True that there are another category that think they are on top of the world with their 20 year old E30s, 100bhp cars with rust all over it. Alot of gipsies are like that or very low class people. Another disturbing factor.

That's why the slogan "See how it feels" rocks my boat a bit. That's what i told all those haters and non belivers. Man drive a bmw but really drive it for a time to get aquainted with the car and then compare it to the others. See how it feels and then talk. And i'm discounting those who are just plain envious.

Hope i didn't go too philosophical...it's late and i have to go to sleep

Bottom line is that if they keep Ultimate driving machine as the main slogan it's all fine by me. But if they drop it in the long term then that's just the worst move.