Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Saying Good Bye for now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

The time has come, I settled with insurance & no longer have my E60.

As most that have been following my "wrecked" post/topic - i decided against getting another BMW 5 series for now, due to financial reasons.
As much as I REALLY like(d) the car, there are way more important things in life as we all know, i.e. family & house ... If everything goes as planned, I will probably be back with another 530i in maybe 6-12 months.

Here's a few words to the forum .....:

1. This is by far one of the best forums i've seen around.
--> no bragging of possesions (only JonD) ..lol
--> no pissing matches between my 545 is faster than your 530 and 525s take a hike.

2. There are MANY knowledgeable members here!!!!!
--> Iceman, Rudy come to mind first, but there are Plenty of others ...!

3. Thanks to Mark & Dave for the forum ... you guys are good at keeping it clean!!!

I'm sure i will be a "lurker" ... and check in every now & then ... but i will most likely not be a frequent/daily/hourly visitor anymore.

CobraDev - keep posting about NASA events! - i'll be reading them.

Take care guy!

--marco
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Take care marco -- sorry to see you go. Keep us posted on your next ride and we'll sure to be here when you end up coming home to another E60 in the future!

Good luck...
Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Good luck mate !
Old 01-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

take care man and hopefully you will be back on E60 soon
Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Take care and thanks for your contributions to the forum. Take care of that family of yours. ANd hope your car adventures are little less dramatic than the recent past.

I wish we were more active here on the Launch Coast, but lots of issues. I'll post this in the appropriate thread later but here now for you. This is an excerpt from an email I sent out to my cohorts in crime here at the Cape.

************************* UNOFFICIAL ********************************************

According to latest unofficial information, there are three major issues affecting launch of Delta II boosters at CCAFS.

1) Labor action - no movement between parties and will take 60 days after a settlement to re-certify technicians
2) Flight Termination System (FTS) batteries. Boeing has entered into a contract with Lockheed Martin to supply a "similar" battery as a stop gap measure. However, this does require some modifications to flight and ground processing hardware.
3) New problem with main RS-27 engine. Test stand firings required to clear engine for launch.

Assuming the successful completion of all three items above, the way ahead requires Calipso-Cloudsat to be launched first at Vandenberg, then GOES-N, then another Vandenberg launch prior to clearing GPS IIR-15 as the first Delta II launch from CCAFS.

Of course all this is subject to change

******************** UNOFFICIAL ************************************************** ******

Also not so good news on Shuttle program as some new issues have cropped up on the fuel tank. A May launch does not appear likely.

But for excitement we do have a Atlas launch scheduled for 17 Jan with a spacecraft going to Pluto.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Take care of yourself.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Good luck. What did you decide to get in place of your 530?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

Sorry to hear your leaving.

Take care & look after yourself
Old 01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Take care! Come back soon!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Take care of yourself my friend
Attached Thumbnails Saying Good Bye for now...-my_bmw_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Saying Good Bye for now...