Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Sanctuary Cities

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Sanctuary City = Refuses to cooperate with Federal Immigration or Homeland Security on immigration

? Bell Gardens, CA
? City of Industry, CA
? City of Commerce, CA
? Cypress, CA
? Davis CA
? Downey, CA
? Fresno, CA
? Lakewood, CA
? Los Angeles, CA
? Long Beach, CA
? Lynwood, CA
? Maywood, CA
? Montebello, CA
? National City, CA
? Norwalk, CA
? Oakland, CA
? Paramount, CA
? Pico Rivera, CA
? So. Gate, CA
? San Bernardino, Ca.
? San Diego, CA
? Santa Cruz, CA
? San Francisco, CA
? San Jose, CA
? Santa Maria, CA
? Sonoma County, CA
? Vernon, CA
? Watsonville, CA
? Wilmington, CA
Source: http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp
Old 03-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juris335' post='829014' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:14 AM
Sanctuary City = Refuses to cooperate with Federal Immigration or Homeland Security on immigration
Source: http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp
You forgot the city of Santa Ana in Orange County. I don't roll through that town (unless I have to)
without Herr Heckler and Herr Koch by my side.

The politicians are the ones we should hold responsible. They actively pander to the illegals in
exchange for votes and/or cheap labor. They are too chicken to round em all up and ship
em back to where they came from, or at the very least rescind "special order 40" so that our
police can finally do their jobs.

Although I do believe Mayor Mansoor (spelling?) in Costa Mesa has given his police officers more
power to check ID's. So there is some hope.

The ultimate fallacy that I find hilarious?

My 89 year old grandmother broke her arm. It was in a cast. She was traveling to Canada the
week after. I got her to the airport, and walked her through security. They pulled her aside
and x-rayed her cast and pretty much humiliated her and treated her like she was some common
criminal suspect......

Yet, anybody can cross the border with a bomb in their backpack. What is stopping a determined
terrorist (who happens to have the same skin complexion as some hispanic people) from
dressing up in crappy clothes, and passing himself off as an "illegal immigrant" and illegally
crossing the border into this country to do whatever harm he has in mind?

If the terrorists that did 9-11 were smart enough to learn how to fly a plane into a building....
Then what is stopping them from trying to enter this country from our southern border?
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to cross a border illegally and get away with it.

In fact, I wonder how many terrorists are living in and amongst ourselves, who got into this
country from crossing the border?

So I pose this question.....just what is this so called "National Security" ?

You would think if the government was so concered about protecting our "National Security"
they would have shored up the border so it is impossible to cross illegally. Don't tell me
that it can't be done because if my 4th grade history class serves me correctly.....a bunch
of Chinese guys a few thousand years ago built a huge wall to keep out invaders.

You would think that in this day and age we have the technology to accomplish such a feat.

Anyways, I'm ----><----- that close to leaving this joke of a state of California for greener
pastures. Tired of my government pandering to a local ethnocentric population in exchange
for votes and money (cheap labor).

They say that the State of California is in dire financial straights....they are raising out state sales tax
in a few days. Why are we still giving out free education/welfare/medical care to these illegal
aliens and their families? I would be willing to bet that millions of dollars are spent each year
on supporting these foreign nationals......all at the expense of John Q. Taxpayer.

I am self employed and I paid a little over $30,000 last year to the State of California for income tax.
Nice to know that a part (however small or big) is going towards supporting a foreign national
and their family !!

If you look up the definition of "American Patriot", you won't find too many politicians in this
day and age listed. With one exception. Sheriff Joe is what I would consider to be an
American Patriot.

If you care about the security and well being of this country, you should write to Sheriff Joe
and ask him to run for Congress. He is our only hope. He has stated before he refuses
to run for President and I am for one am very disappointed. We need to elect more
leaders like this great man to office.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I'm seeing a pattern here...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='829142' date='Mar 28 2009, 02:23 PM
Funny, I'm seeing pattern too. It's called:

Close our eyes, stick our heads in the sand and turn our brains to the "off" position.

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to pay to have a lobotomy done on myself.
At least that way, my IQ will be just like everyone else.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='829142' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:23 PM
I'm right there with you Calvin, I'm starting to wonder myself

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=73134&hl=
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by ynottony' post='829145' date='Mar 28 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm almost to the point where I'm going to pay to have a lobotomy done on myself.
I'll chip in!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='829398' date='Mar 28 2009, 06:40 PM
I'm right there with you Calvin, I'm starting to wonder myself

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=73134&hl=

Interesting...