Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

sales job 100k +

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL guys. wow im glad i actually got a response. Honestly the reason i left it so vague was because i didnt think i was going to get any response. My sales experience goes back to 2000. I started off working for 24 hour fitness and was promoted to sales manager within 8 months. I ran the Pasadena sports club for about a year and left to manage a credit repair company. 2 years later we expanded and i took over the new branch for another year. I left again to pursue more money ( they took away our bonuses ) and looked into real estate. While studying for my licence i started to do refi's. Right when i was ripe for the picking.... yes the whole "real estate crash" happened. So i turned to the next best thing which was loan modifications. I did that for the last year & a half until the company i worked for screwed us all out of a job. I was the #1 employee for 7 months straight (out of 300/ 4 branches). Long story short they screwed me and the whole company out of a lot of money and i was earning over 12K a month. They decided not to pay for 2 1/2 months of work and till this day i still have not been paid. I've been looking for the right job because im sick of moving around n around and really do want a career. The reason i say it does not matter what i sell is because no matter field i left to or from i was always number 1 or a manager. If your company is looking to hire someone serious about making money and has tons of experience let me know. I thanks u guys all for reading this post. if you have any doubt whatsoever.... bring me in for a simple interview. I would be glad to meet someone forum members.

P.S live in los angeles and do not wish to relocate.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

very similar situation as you!

In my mind, as long as it's sales, I am fine. Kinda off topic but a little story about me. A few years back (2004), I graduated college with a Chemical and Biological Engineering degree. I couldnt find a job so I decided to go on small vacation (cruise...I always go on cruises for some reason). Then came back and looked again. I actually walked inside and talked to the hiring managers for many companies since they wouldn't even contact a recent grad. Nobody wanted to hire me since I had no experience. I told them, "how would you expect me to have experience without providing me with an opportunity to actually gain some. Everyone has to start off somewhere and I am pretty sure you started off without experience either correct?" They all had nothing to say and told me to leave the resumes. LOL. I had a few internships and that was about it.

I was shopping with my gf in Boulevard Mall in Buffalo NY. Walked past a kiosk where they sell cell phones and it had a now hiring sign. I was thinking, i am not gonna sell cell phones with my engineering degree. I ended up walking back and left my number to them. Got a call the next day, hired and went to training immediately. First month, I was top sales, second month promoted to assistant manager, third month I got my manager fired since he didn't do anything except for shopping in the mall everyday. I had to do all the work. 4th month I proved myself that I could handle it and was promoted to manager. 5th month I was promoted to district manager then the 6th month, I became regional sales director. I went from a sales rep making $4000 a month to an RSD making $150K a year after bonuses. Worked for some time and then cell phone business went slow. Decided to quit and relocate back to NYC. Decided to go into finance. Then I am jobless now!

Try not aiming at 100K. Start somewhere and work your way up. Have to find a company that will promote not due to tenure but production. I would love to have a $100K job right now. But I have decided to roll the dice and start my own stuff. Good luck with everything.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Contributors

I'm shocked. I thought sales jobs were paid much more than that. I was always annoyed how the sales people would get more stock options than those of us in engineering, but I also assumed they were paid more. It seems like the options were an alternative to being paid as much as the people in engineering.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

L.A.? hmmm....... canabis club?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by buckwildx22' post='1030786' date='Oct 12 2009, 04:39 PM
SALES doesnt matter what they are selling.

Buck, I really hope you find a job. I am not in your field at all which mean no experience. The only thing I sold lately was my kayak and my kayak bud told me I sold it too cheap. Go figure.

But I am still puzzled with the answer you gave. "SALES doesnt matter what they are selling."

So you telling me if some one come to you and you have two cars to sell and they ask you which is better you will say "a car is a car just buy either one" ? that is how you sounded..hey..i am not kidding...

-- Really good luck in finding a job.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Contributors

Since when do sales jobs pay a salary of 100k? IMO, these are delusions of grandeur. Buckwild, I wish you the best in your search but I fear you will be searching for a while unless you get off the high horse and come back down to reality. NO ONE is paying you a salary of 100K to learn their business and hopefully create some revenue unless its a personal connection like ECF stated. Im sorry to burst your bubble but I see this all the time. You have no specialized sales skills. It seems based on your work history, you're a hard worker who has made a low six fig income working the phones. I suggest sticking to what you know. Work the phones. You can always make a living doing that. Just bring your $ expectations down to earth.

All the best
Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='1031178
Since when do sales jobs pay a salary of 100k?
A good salesperson masters the art of "closing the deal"

With that being said, a salesperson does not necessarily have to really know what they are selling (technical consultants usually keep close contact with sales folks to make sure things stay realistic). It may sound strange, but it really does work this way in the business world.

Depending on what you are selling and to whom, a 100k salary (base + commission) is quite possible. However, in today's economy it would probably be more difficult.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1031210' date='Oct 13 2009, 09:15 AM
A good salesperson masters the art of "closing the deal"

With that being said, a salesperson does not necessarily have to really know what they are selling (technical consultants usually keep close contact with sales folks to make sure things stay realistic). It may sound strange, but it really does work this way in the business world.

Depending on what you are selling and to whom, a 100k salary (base + commission) is quite possible. However, in today's economy it would probably be more difficult.

pukka, I am aware of the attributes one would need to constitute a "good" salesperson. All I'm saying is this: there once was a time when having confidence and a good mouthpiece and a likeable personality was able to get you by as a "salesperson" and true knowledge of the product wasnt that important. These days, that doesnt really exist anymore. To garner a base salary of 100K+ commissions, you best know your product upside down. I am speaking from experience. I started out 18 yrs ago as a low six figure buckwild type of salesman. Confident in my sales ability but not caring about the product. Made lots of $ so gained even more confidence in my abilities and lack of true knowledge. Then I grew up. This is my big brother opportunity. Take it for what its worth.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

I'm kinda with Buckwild on this one. I have been in sales now for 6 years. I don't think that he doesn't care about what he's selling. When you're a salesman you have to have the kind of mentality that you can sell anything to anyone to be succesful. I just think that he has confidence in his sales skills. Also the 100k thing, I think he just wanted to know that he has the potential to make that much as a top seller, not as salary. Either way, best of luck. I just went through the same situation last few months. I got laid off a job that used to pay me around 75-100k with commision. I just got a job as a financial advisor, and currently studying for series 6/63. Again, best of luck, and I agree with John, you might want to start at entry level sales and move up.

PS- I just saw the last post by Poleposition, I agree. You do need to be a student of what you sell. Once he gets in the door, I would hope he learns about whatever it is he would be selling,
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Try not aiming at 100K. Start somewhere and work your way up. Have to find a company that will promote not due to tenure but production. I would love to have a $100K job right now. But I have decided to roll the dice and start my own stuff. Good luck with everything.
{quote from Brabusw209amg.}

John, that was a VERY intelligent response!

Quick Reply: sales job 100k +