Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This is a sad day for America

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just when the world already thinks we are the fattest country on the planet.........this happens and we prove them all right!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29879843/?GT1=43001
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by tblck543' post='826794' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:52 PM
Just when the world already thinks we are the fattest country on the planet.........this happens and we prove them all right!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29879843/?GT1=43001
So what? People like to have a good time. If they want to eat that big of a burger then so be it.
It's their choice. No one is forcing you to eat that thing.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Classy!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='826803' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:10 PM
So what? People like to have a good time. If they want to eat that big of a burger then so be it.
It's their choice. No one is forcing you to eat that thing.
Tell your doctor that, once you have a heart attack from clogged arteries....not healthy
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by tblck543' post='826816' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:22 PM
Tell your doctor that, once you have a heart attack from clogged arteries....not healthy
But you fail to see that that is not my problem.
Why would I care if some guy makes bad decisions and gets a heart attack from those decisions. That is non of my businesses and not my problem.
If they want to do that to their body that is really their problem. I would never, ever, eat that but if others want to then I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do so...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='826819' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:26 PM
Why would I care if some guy makes bad decisions and gets a heart attack from those decisions. That is non of my businesses and not my problem.
If they want to do that to their body that is really their problem. I would never, ever, eat that but if others want to then I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to do so...
I don't know about you, but I pay a portion of the unemployment, social security, medicare, and medicaid taxes for everybody--you, me, and all my fellow Americans. When smokers have heart attacks or go to long term care facilities (including nursing homes), the services are not for free.

If those people are not eligible for these benefits, all of our health insurance premiums go up annually. Last few years, group health insurance premiums have been going up at the rate of 10% to 20%. Americans are actually getting healthier and living longer. We, however, are paying for those who do not take care of themselves.

Some insurance companies charge non-smokers, and non-overweight emploees a lower health insurance premium.

Take a look at your paycheck stub--under deductions--FICA, FUTA, Title XIX, Title XX, and the employer's deductions. In addition to us paying for these benefits for others, our employer also pays a significant portion. e. g., employer pays .001 of gross payroll for unemployment, plus other levies; employer matches what you pay for Title XIX. (This para is a generalization, and the nomenclature and percentages are ballpark descriptions and figures.)

Please tell us how you avoid paying for the health care for patients with chronic health problems. We would all like to know so that we can avoid these payments also.

We await your speedy response.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Isn't this place >>> Heart Attack Grill already clogging up the arteries of the great American public??
Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

It is a gimmick and the Whitecaps are not contributing to the America's growing girth. The people who would be "enticed" to try such a menu item would still consume an equivalent amount of calories by eating other things had this menu item not been available.

The beauty of our country is that in most things we have freedom of choice. Nobody is forcing you to: eat that burger; smoke that pack a day and maintain that $40 / week habit; and buy and consume that entire 6-pack.

Most of us with a nominal amount of gray matter are able to make our own decisions in this regard and respectfully, do not need the PC police to tell us that eating such things are not good for us.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by one4thethumb' post='827125' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:23 AM
It is a gimmick and the Whitecaps are not contributing to the America's growing girth. The people who would be "enticed" to try such a menu item would still consume an equivalent amount of calories by eating other things had this menu item not been available.

The beauty of our country is that in most things we have freedom of choice. Nobody is forcing you to: eat that burger; smoke that pack a day and maintain that $40 / week habit; and buy and consume that entire 6-pack.

Most of us with a nominal amount of gray matter are able to make our own decisions in this regard and respectfully, do not need the PC police to tell us that eating such things are not good for us.
I agree. Big Burger or not people will still find a way to eat the equivilant of that burger even if it didn't exist.
They would buy 6 corndogs or whatever and still consume the same unhealthy shit. Either way we would have to pay the same.
This is why you don't want universal healthcare. The additional taxes we pay right now are NOTHING compared to what we would have to pay with universal healthcare.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='826819' date='Mar 25 2009, 05:26 PM
It's really a form of Darwin's "Natural Selection", the smart guy would NOT eat that and therefore lives longer to pass on his genetics etc.!

Quick Reply: This is a sad day for America