Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

RUDY's thoughts....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by one4thethumb' post='1019168' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:01 AM
I've only been around on the forums since the beginning of the year . . . . and writing only from my personal experiences have found the posters around here to be some of the best, hospitable and knowledgeable around. Sure some ball breaking occurs from time to time, but it's all been in good fun.

Forum decorum is always a touchy matter, especially when dealing with a global community where English may be a poster's 3rd or perhaps 4th language, and there can be, as Rudy mentioned, a vast difference in education and economics among posters.

My simple rule in the www . . . . adhere to the Golden Rule. Treat others as you wish to be treated. If you do so, potential explosive problems can be avoided. There is certainly nothing wrong with spirited discussion and debate, just engage in some civility.

One can attract more bees with honey than they can with vinegar.

I am off my soap box.
Well stated. Yet what remains a curiosity to me, in reading this and related previous threads about "site decorum" is the question "Why" do members feel a need to play the role of a policeman or bully or to attack a member's credibility (without prima facie proof - based just on opinion) rather than to just report a suspected violation of the TOS to the MODS? That is the interesting thing to me.