Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road rage.. had to vent (before my car gets vandelized)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='584997' date='May 21 2008, 01:08 AM
You know how I know your gay?
You have a rainbow bumper sticker on your car that says “I like it when balls are in my face?" 40-yr OV

But getting back on topic...I have only 2 real cases where I flew off the handle to the point where it was enough to want to shoot someone on the spot.

One was a guy on the highway trying to run me off the road. He was tailing my ass real close, so I started slamming my brakes in quick bursts. I could hear his tires screeching as he slammed on his to avoid hitting me. He then proceeds to try and kill me by passing me and veering into my lane about 5 times. We are doing about 60 at this point, mind you. At some point common sense kicked in and I was like, "F#*@ this...not worth getting killed over this!"

My more recent one was about a year ago when some guy thought I was on his ass too close for a stretch of highway construction. I was just crusing with no real intent to piss anyone off, talking to my stepdad next to me. Next thing I know ishe's now behind me, on my bumper, trying the same shit as the last guy above. I start weaving in and out and gunning it to shake him, and he's right behind me like a crazy man trying to catch up, matching me move for move. We ended up getting off at the same exit where we both slammed on the brakes at the light and start MotherF#*ing each other! You have to remember that at this point, I don't even realize what his problem is because I wasn't tailing him earlier, in my mind. Instinctively I reach for my Glock in my glovebox...am licensed to carry and was a licensed firearms dealer back then and still am an avid shooter. I didn't show it to the guy but felt like using it on him. Here's the kicker: He yells at me, "I've got kids in the car, and you're riding my ass like a maniac!" I guess that gave him reason enough to then start weaving in and out of thick traffic doing 90mph like a wild man...to give his kids a good lesson about what not to do! My stepdad was in the car and is one of those stocky, old-timer Marine types, who was also former boxing champ in college. He always loves a good scrap, even at 70 and had unbuckled his seat belt just in case he had to throw down! Luckily it didn't come to that, but I was so fired up for the next few hours!!! It really got the blood boiling.

I always keep my "peacemaker" in my ride. You never know who you are going to meet on the friendly highways. It ain't worth a bullet, though, and you never know who's also got one with your name on it....so let's all chill out!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='591396' date='May 30 2008, 02:42 AM
you'll find that just letting these dumb butts go, without honking or swearing at them, much more pleasing at the end. just let them do whatever, cut you off, and you were able to stop in time without an accident, just let them go...don't honk, don't yell... show no emotion, just let it be. in the end, you'll feel much better as a person, and plus you forget it sooner without becoming too stressed out yourself. hope you know what I mean. I don't really care for the idiots on the road anymore, i just leave them alone, let them go about with their stupidity, I just try to be very careful not to hit them or enable them to hit me. I've finally accepted that there are those idiots on the road, and honking, swearing, and starting something with them, won't change the fact that there's an exact cheap replica of this idiot tomorrow doing the exact same thing, so I just accept them and forget about it. I find myself much more happier and at peace.
++! Very well said.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='584997' date='May 21 2008, 01:08 AM
+1 I HATE everyone!

You know how I know your gay?

ha ha.. between johns loafers.. and caltons banana...i dont know about you guys...whats going on here.. sounds like your all in need of SOMETHING...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

ohh and to respond to the thread..(got sidetracked) i say we shoot em all .. take there cars if there nice..then use the drivers as speed bumps.. (sorry was i thinking out loud?)
Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by melimel' post='591861' date='May 30 2008, 04:35 PM
ha ha.. between johns loafers.. and caltons banana...i dont know about you guys...whats going on here.. sounds like your all in need of SOMETHING...
If by SOMETHING you mean "something-something", then yes.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I suggest that you report it to the Police. Tell them what happend. He can report you for harrasing him or worst it change the story to his advantage. Just my opinion.