Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

RF locked me out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bankerboyz' date='May 24 2004, 02:33 PM
Rudy, we have a pretty good thing going here, be careful in inviting a mass exedous to this forum, we may get some of those trolls from RF in here. <_<
You're right, the software sucked over there. I truly believe that RF is all about hit counts and the way the software was set up, it artificially exaggerated the hit counts so that they could impress (and maybe rip-off) their advertisers. Ultimately, it may have been the advertisers who put the pressure on the moderators to clean things up over there. Lord knows they didn't listen to us users!

The only reason I spent any time there before was that I enjoyed some of the people (not trolls) who posted there and once in a while there are some truly informative posts.

I don't think the trolls will come here because they know they'll be deleted/moderated by Das. The biggest trolls already know where we are because we clearly told everyone where to go in our (now deleted) posts over there. Funny how they haven't posted here at all -- isn't it?

I'm not asking for a mass exodus but I'm hoping to at least keep the momentum going here that was gained over the weekend. Unfortunately, anyone publically posting on RF about this forum will probably be censored, etc. If there are "regulars" over there who missed out on the threads from this weekend, they may not know many of us moved here. If anyone is able to privately invite other non-trolls, by all means I think it should be done!

Now that I'm read-only over there (actually pretty nice way to force me into "troll-ignore mode") I can't do anything to spread the word even if I wanted to. Sure, I could re-register but it's not worth my time or effort.

As long as some of the key people who have already checked in stick around here, I'll be happy. I'm sure that there are others who may not have publically checked in but are lurking out there as well. I was semi-active here even before this exodus but now I'm making it my first stop rather than my second stop as I browse the BMW sites.

I truly believe it was time for a change and I for one am glad I made it.

Thanks again to everyone!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Has Mark(Lomag) made the jump yet?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

He's been here in the past and I know he checks in from time to time.

He'll be around to say hello one of these days I imagine -- hopefully he'll contribute more than in the past -- he's one of the main reasons I found most of these boards!

C'mon Mark, come out and say hey!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:24 PM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would page him for us, but charlie@roadfly.com would have a hissie. C@RF is already watching me pretty close. He just took down two barbs I stuck in the Bracq fan, but left the Bracq fan alone.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

I know Mark's email address but I'm sure he checks in here from time to time so I'm not going to bother him now.

If you think about it, even at the other site he doesn't post as frequently as some of us addicted wackos!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:15 AM
sj3
Senior Members

I like that Rudy...Addicted Wackos! Pretty apt.!

Sam
Old 05-28-2004, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't one of the first steps to recovery from addiction something about admitting you have a problem?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:25 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='May 28 2004, 07:30 AM
Isn't one of the first steps to recovery from addiction something about admitting you have a problem?
Who me? Maybe we need a support group to help us get over it.

A forum of friendlies is as good as it gets. Absolutely addictive.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='May 23 2004, 04:04 PM
It looks as if a moderator finally woke up and cleaned house over there. All the ridiculous posts have vanished! (You can still see the threads under the deleted messages by using search though.)

Only time will tell.
Just been there..They acted as gestapo agents for a week but the same trolls are back to the same kid s stuff...Im out of there for good..what a bunch of losers!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

You've come to the right place Dantheman!

Welcome and enjoy.

So far, the trolls have stayed away from here most likely because they know they won't get away with things like they did over there. Also, I think they know the all of us pretty much know to ignore them if they do post.

Quick Reply: RF locked me out!