Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

RF locked me out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It looks as if a moderator finally woke up and cleaned house over there. All the ridiculous posts have vanished! (You can still see the threads under the deleted messages by using search though.)

The funniest thing is that I can no longer login to the board with my userid and password! I never trolled, etc. like the others (but I did encourage an exodus over to this site) so if they want to ban me, fine. I'm not upset one bit considering this forum is so much better and hopefully the members that switched will continue to post here.

Obviously it's a free world and everyone is welcome to participate in any online community they choose. I wonder how long it'll be before RF turns into what it is destined to turn into again (given the lack of active moderation and inferior software?)

Only time will tell.

Anyone else unable to post there now?
Old 05-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to try posting one or two things over there, but mostly the posts are so embarrasing it makes me cringe.

I also think this forum is a lot more useful to the non-US owner, and pretty much everyone is helpful.

I remember when i first ordered the car and stumbled across the forum, I read every single thread (yes even the Singaporean behemoth! <_< )

I've gained a lot of knowledge and hopefully passed a little on. Just hope you new boys don't bring the trolls with ya!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by browellm' date='May 23 2004, 04:39 PM
Just hope you new boys don't bring the trolls with ya!
Well we hope they don't come over as well. If they do, we can only hope that Das will swiftly clean up after them so they know it isn't worth their time posting here.

It reminds me of a technique I've used to combat graffiti artists. If they spray paint or "tag" a wall or something, I immediately have someone paint over it. The "artists" learn quite soon that it isn't worth tagging it again. They'll move on to a place that isn't as diligent at cleaning things up.

Das, I hope you're up to it if, in fact, the trolls make the move!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:57 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='May 23 2004, 02:04 PM
Anyone else unable to post there now?
I can still post there, but don't expect it to last much longer since I just disputed the $29 Inner Circle membership on my credit card. I just made a test post regarding wheel size and it went OK.

I also noticed that my AMEN response to the URL post you made today does not turn up in a search for AMEN. I think that entire thread has disappeared.

Well maybe it will be a better board as a result of your efforts, Rudy.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:09 PM
rem
Members

I am able to post there. Not sure I want to anymore. I really think the owners of the board have serious issues with the e60 and are showing it through their inaction on trolls. This is a good forum. I just got a digital camera (finally) and will post some pics of my (6 month old) e60 in the near future. I'll also post the results of the latest software upgrade. Hopefully, the increased emissions warning and bmw assist problem will be fixed. I'm at just over 10 thousand miles and those are the only issues I've had. Really is the best car I've ever owned.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

So I'm checking out RF to see what's up over there -- I'm still set to "read only" since I'm able to log in but not post.

After the mods deleted just about every post from the last week or so, there was pretty much no activity for hours at a time (where before there were posts every few minutes).

It looks like the trolls are probably locked out too.

The funny thing is, today a few new threads are posted and before you know it, they become petty arguments about whether or not cupholders are useful, etc.

It's clear to me that nothing is going to change over there!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:31 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Hey Rudy, we're also arguing about whether the iDrive knob is shaped properly and in the right place! Critical stuff!!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Critical indeed!

What's different is the tone of the debate. Over there, it quickly becomes disrespectful to others.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Members

Rudy, we have a pretty good thing going here, be careful in inviting a mass exedous to this forum, we may get some of those trolls from RF in here. <_<
Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Contributors

If I can chime in here....

I am new to this whole BMW thing and was able to find alot of information on RF to help me decide on options I was interested in. But I can't stand the software used there. This is 1000 times better - more in tune with what I am expecting from my new E60. I only hope this board can stock pile useful information to keep attracting past, present and soon to be E60 owners.

ULtra

Quick Reply: RF locked me out!